Chapter 5: Flirty Ones

Recap: (Y/n) goes to the infirmary for her injuries. Then she goes to the library to clean it. There she meets a shy young man who is instantly drawn to her.

After (Y/n) left the library she quickly made her way to the kitchen to grab something to eat. It was late in the afternoon, and (Y/n) hoped that there was still some food left. In all of the confusion from the morning she had forgotten to get anything for breakfast.

Her stomach growled as she walked into the busy kitchen. She recognized a few of the people working there as the people who were on the same wagon as her. She shivered a she remembered the events.

A kind looking woman in an apron approached her. "Are you lost Sweetie this is the kitchen?" She had a confused but patient look on her face as she spoke.

"I came in here to get something to eat," the female in question responded quickly adding, "I figured I was supposed to come here."

The woman beckoned her to a small room connected to the kitchen where a few of the castle workers were seated.

"This is where all of the workers eat their meals," the woman said before leaving.

(Y/n) looked around the room deciding to sit near a group of younger girls. She talked to them for a little while. It felt nice to get to know the people that she would be working with. However, all good things must come to an end, so the female excused herself after finishing her meal.

(Y/n) knew exactly where the ballroom was, and with a new found energy, she began to walk at a brisk pace.

-------------------------------------------------------

The ballroom doors where as detailed as she remembered from her first night. The white and gold wooden doors were polished and smoothed showing no signs of age. It was clear that whoever had been cleaning them spared no effort in the task.

(Y/n) contemplated knocking on the door before she entered. She didn't want another situation like the one in the library. Although the shy male had not seemed to mind her presence, (Y/n) knew that everyone in the castle was not as kind.

Shrugging, she decided that nobody would be in the ballroom unless of some special event. She wouldn't knock.

With that decision made she pushed open the doors and yelled when she saw the inside. Her tools clattered to the ground as the female covered her eyes.

"Whaa- What the fuck?" (Y/n) exclaimed.

Inside the room where three people. The only thing was that two of them were sitting on a sofa naked, while the other one sat with a paintbrush in his hand.

"Hmmm. Such ugly words for such a pretty mouth," an all too familiar voice said in a flirtatious tone.

(Y/n) recognized the voice as the pretty man from the hallway.

"You're that guy from earlier!" the female exclaimed.

"Right you are." The male giggled making his way towards (Y/n). She jumped when she felt a hand touch a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"You could join us you know," he whispered seductively.

"NOO." With that the female pushed him away opening her eyes in the process. The blonde haired man looked amused at the female's red face. She tried to hide her embarrassment but her cheeks only turned redder.

"Amber, Tony you both can leave," he suddenly said turning towards the two. They were going to protest but the look in his eyes caused them to pull their clothes on and rush out of the door. Now only (Y/n) and the male occupied the ballroom. There was silence for a few moments before the curious male spoke.

"And who might you be darling?" he questioned. He was eager to hear her response. In fact he was very curious about the girl ever since their earlier encounter. Unlike most woman who talked to him she paid him almost no interest. It was odd to say the least, but the male found that it made the girl all the more alluring.

"(Y/n) (L/n)." The female spoke somewhat reluctantly. She was still unsure of what she had interrupted.

"What a lovely name for a lovely girl."

(Y/n) frowned at this, causing the male's smile to widen.

Definitely interesting, he thought. "I am Prince Kion of Lissun." He spoke every word with a smirk on his face. He expected her reaction to be one of surprise but all he was met with was disinterest.

"Well Prince Kion. If you would excuse me I have some work that needs to be done."

(Y/n) bowed slightly then picked her cleaning supplies from the ground. She spared the male no other glance as she began to polish the floor.

Prince Kion was astonished, nobody had ever rejected him before. He had the looks, the power, the wealth--what woman wouldn't want him. Yet somehow a certain female ignored him. Maybe she was different from the others. Maybe she--he cut off his thoughts. No, everyone was the same: they all lusted for power, not caring who they destroyed to get it. This girl was no exception. She would act like she didn't want him, then she would crawl her way into his bed. And when that moment came, the male would gladly welcome her. But for now, he would play along with her little act.

Deciding to leave the girl to her chores, the light haired prince returned to his easel. Even though the subjects of his newest painting had long since gone, he continued painting recalling each detail from memory. When the male wasn't flirting with the maids and cooks in the castle he could be found around the castle painting whatever interested him. People praised his art gushing over its beauty, but it all felt empty, ordinary to the male.

In his line of sight, he noticed the female hard at work. She had managed to clean the entire ballroom and was packing up her cleaning supplies. He decided that a little more teasing wouldn't hurt, and so he called her over.

"(Y/n) dear, would you come over and tell me what you think of my painting?" he mused. (Y/n) didn't see the harm in looking at the artwork the male had been so concentrated on creating.

To think, I thought the only thing that interested him was sex, (Y/n) thought to herself as she walked in his direction. To her dismay and his amusement the female saw a painting of two naked bodies. (Y/n) quickly covered her eyes and ran out the door, with the sound of laughter echoing behind her.

No, I was right. That prince is only interested in sex.

-------------------------------------------------------

Having finished her chores, the (h/c) haired girl returned to the kitchen. She wouldn't admit it, but the day had really taken its toll on her. Not only was she physically exhausted, but mentally as well from a certain blonde haired prince's teasing.

After finished her food, (Y/n) returned to the maid's quarters to get some rest. She didn't bother changing, just crawled onto the mattress and drifted to sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------

It seemed like the female had just gone to bed when she was gently awoken. The girl who woke her was one she had talked to during the previous day's lunch. (Y/N) learned that her name was Samantha and that she was two years older than herself. Samantha was friendly to (Y/n) which was much appreciated by the girl. Especially when the young female realized that she would have woken up late if not for the other girl.

(Y/n) quickly thanked Samantha before the two made their way kitchen, talking about the current drama. (Y/n) smiled at the slightly older girl's stories, unaware of the hardship she would soon face.

1278 words