Chapter 120: Longing Chulian

"Yu Heng?" the emperor nearly choked. He never thought Xiang Zihui would choose that woman!

"It was clear from what you said. A proper princess consort." the corner of his lips tugged upward, Emperor Yu knew his brother is up to no good.

"She is in Zhen's liking. Their family have served our side for over hundred years at most."

"I wont hurry to have her at my side. If force is needed, then that is what I will give. A few days from now, Winter Banquet is about to happen. Its your choice if you'd announce that matter." he have never been polite to anyone else other than the father of Chulian who eventually died in Zihui's ploy. Emperor Yu is used to his temperament, he is one of the rare people who can understand Xiang Zihui.

He watched his younger brother leave the main hall. Emperor Yu is surprised Xiang Zihui wanted to keep a dangerous and powerful connection, he thought it was Zihui's plan so that his throne would be secured in the future but it was only half of Zihui's real intention.

Jiang Yi Huai have been waiting for Xiang Zihui's appearance for an hour at most, he guarded the sleeping Chulian all the time while plucking zither strings. Keeping a proper distance, he would often peek at her.

After a while, he raised his head to stare at the moon gate and there he is, Xiang Zihui. "Although you reincarnated as Xiang Zihui, you seem to have forgotten the promise we made?" Jiang Yi Huai smiled amiably but Zihui knew he is not playing around.

"Can you blame me? She's still a trouble maker in this lifetime!" Xiang Zihui snorted, he stared at the sleeping Chulian who leaned on the pillar.

"Son of Heaven Liang Zise, God of Fate have told us he will make sure to use her as a tool for breaking our brotherhood. Why have you brought her here?" he frowned at Zihui's answer, Jiang Yi Huai knew there is something amiss about him in the past.

"Your using my name now, Seventh Prince Shen Jin." Zihui raised his chin high, clearly challenging his friend.

Jiang Yi Huai fell silent, he can only sigh in defeat. "Fine, dont be that distant to me." he furrowed his brows before standing up, taking the zither with him. "Marry her off. The earlier the better."

Yun Ren Xie woke up after she felt something, she unconsciously tried to move when her nose hit a hard chest. "Ow...." she frowned, her eyes glared at no one particularly.

"Who told you to sleep inside a man's courtyard?"

After hearing the familiar voice, Yun Ren Xie broke from sweat. "Brother Zihui?"

"Dont move. Im carrying you." Xiang Zihui warned her, he glanced at the red pair of eyes, they were blank and seemingly lifeless. It was his fault back then, unable to recognize her is his mistake. She ended up being blind and stupid.

Yun Ren Xie was then standing, he let go of her when Xiao Hai came out of Chulian's courtyard.

"This servant greets His Higness, Crown Prince." Xiao Hai performed a salute, she peeked at her mistress with pity. Why wont this prince, Xiang Zihui leave her young miss? Is touching Chulian's body not enough? She cant help but think Xiang Zihui is purposely humiliating Chulian.

"Xiao Hai, why did you let Chulian wander around?" he looked at the maid with indifference, Zihui found it irritating to see Jiang Yi Huai and Chulian alone...

"Brother Zihui, it wasnt Xiao Hai's fault. I escaped on my own." Yun Ren Xie tugged at Zihui's sleeve, she cant afford to implicate her maid for her mistakes.

"Zhao Chulian." Zihui glared at her, in fit of anger, he pulled her inside the courtyard and ordered Xiao Hai to stay outside.

Yun Ren Xie's palm went wet from all the cold sweat. She knew well offending Xiang Zihui isnt good since Chulian also died because of him, without much care and emotions, Chulian died with grief when she was wronged. Is her early death coming forth?

Zihui stopped his stride and forced her to face him, he can see no fear in those enchanting eyes but her rosy lips were quivering.

"Althought Jiang Yi Huai will cure you soon, can you atleast mind your place? You dont even know him yet you freely slept with his presense around, he is not just a normal doctor to start with. What if he dont recognize you? Jiang Yi Huai can easily send a flying dagger to end your life!" with his voice full of authority, Yun Ren Xie can only shrink back but her body is extremely frail.

She started to cough violently in short of breath, Yun Ren Xie can feel she is also crying!

Xiang Zihui was struck by lightning, he never thought this girl have a fragile side since in his other lifetimes, he have seen her kill her way without mercy. Staring at the teary eyes of such young and cute girl, Xiang Zihui bit his lower lip. His face is cold however, the tip of his ear have a red hue.

"Stop crying!" he resigned to his fate, Xiang Zihui started to hate her more! How dare she use a pitiful appearance before me?!

Yun Ren Xie's sob were suppressed by her, she immediately shut up but her hiccups irritated Xiang Zihui. "Make more sound and I'll hand down another punishment."

She covered her mouth with her hands, her pitiful limpid eyes were tight shut. Any man can feel sympathy towards her and Xiang Zihui is not an exception as he restrained himself. With a snort, Xiang Zihui left her alone.

Two days of being restrained inside her courtyard, Yun Ren Xie grew impatient. What if the future crown princess Yu Heng will visit? How will she leave a good impression to her? As for the male lead, Nian Feng, he is currently the general under Crown Prince Ye's faction.

The war against the barbarian outside Chu State will happen just around Chinese New Year. She have forgotten the exact date, at that time, the concubine born Yu Lei will be chased out of their family and suffer at the border where she'd die after drowning but Nian Feng will save her. The new soul Yu Lei have transmigrated, she was shielded by Nian Feng while at bay before the war started. As Xiang Zihui's friend and subordinate, Nian Feng volunteered to protect the Eastern Bordern while Zihui have to attend meetings in the imperial cabinet.

Nian Feng is only twenty three, the same age as Xiang Zihui. After spending two years with the female lead, their love grew deeper but they have no time to marry yet since barbarians are still wandering around. Yu Lei fainted accidentally and returned to her real world, after she slept for a while, she is back once more but five years have already passed and the Chu State have changed.

The crown prince no longer existed as he died after for an unknown reason, Yun Ren Xie doesnt know why she wrote his death. No one questioned it since he is only a cannon fodder. The ending Yun Ren Xie have thought is when Nian Feng went to war, repelling the Qin army from their territory but both of the male and female lead died after spending few months together.