XV

It was silent in the car. After the tear filled talk we had last night we fell asleep in each other's arms. I would've said it was cute but I woke up in a cold wet t-shirt soaked with mine and Vincent's tears.

It crossed my mind that we still had to call of the engagement to his father, since his mother is back in America, along with his sister. I noticed  did they travel a lot, never in one place. I figured it's difficult basically living from a suitcase 24/7. My mind drifted to the thought of my own sister, Adeline, who I had no clue where she is.

She was, out there as a teenager. She always went to parties. Went out at night and came back in the morning, a mess. My parents didn't know how to deal with her, they tried their best, but they couldn't. When she turned 19 she packed up and told us she was leaving, but never wear. I love her, but she is just wild, I just wanted her to be safe. I tried calling, texting, dming, but I could never get a hold of her. It was like she disappeared.

I snapped out of it when Vincent cleared his throat. I looked over to him after he grabbed my attention. His head nodded out of t he window, his face indifferent. My eyes roamed over his face seeing his unkempt beard still present on his face. It gave him almost a more rough look.

"We're here."

My eyes shifted away from his face to look out at the window. My eyes slightly widened at the castle like house sitting in front of the car. I exited quickly out the car to get a better view of it and it just amazed me. The house was twice the size of Vincent's and that was saying something.

"What in the hell." I mumbled soaking up the gorgeous exterior.

"Welcome to my childhood home." He sighed with boredom and shoved his hands into his pocket. He looked up at the house like it wasn't anything special and I was taken aback by it.

"This is a beautiful home, why do you look like that?" I asked thrusting my hands out at the home. He shrugged his shoulders then look down at my lazily.

"Once you've seen it for the thousandth time, you'll start to get bored of it too." He began to stroll up to the mansion and I followed shortly behind him. Once we stepped up to the steps, Vincent rang the doorbell and we waited for someone to answer. Not so long a pretty tall man, around 6'4 opened the door. He had getting hair and was dressed in a neat suit. His attire and the way he pronounced his words sounded as if his time was back in the roaring 20's, but he seemed to be only a little older than we were.

"Albert." Vincent casually said. The man looked surprised seeing Vincent standing in front of him, but quickly wiped it off and a smile spread against his face.

"Mr. Valerian." He gave a short bow.

"Hi," My voice coming out as a squeak after his eyes shifted toward me. Another shocked expression overcame his face, but soon vanished.

"Hello, Mrs. Valerian." My breathing was cut short and I pursed my lips. I decided against saying anything since it was most likely on the news.

"My apologies for making you stand out here, come in. Your father should be in the entertainment area, with his breakfast." He stepped aside for us to walk through, giving us another curt bow.

I watched without surprise as Vincent walked straight through without saying another word. I rolled my eyes stepping into the house. I turned to Albert and gave him a warm smile.

"Thank you Albert." I said. His blonde colored eyebrows raised with shock, again.

"You are welcome, Mrs. Valerian." He returned the smile, lifting up his mustache.

"Please call me Azalea." I waved my hand dismissively not wanting him to know I felt slightly guilty when he said Mrs. Valerian.

"Yes, Azalea."