• The King's Harem •

Chapter eighteen: The King's Harem

We left the Choi's house knowing that Jun Seok managed to get them out of there earlier before the commotion happened

We left the Choi's house knowing that Jun Seok managed to get them out of there earlier before the commotion happened. And as for the man we've captured, Jun Seok will be the one to take care of him.

"Your Majesty!" Court Lady Suk run towards me, worry etched on her aged face as she examined my body for injuries. "Thank the heavens you're all fine." She said, sighing.

I stared behind her, where a woman and a man stood.

Oraboni...

I sighed in relief. He's fine. He is well.

I walk towards the two, "Your Majesty." Lady Choi of Choi household bowed, greeting me in respect. But my gaze were trained on the man from behind her, staring back at me with no hint of recognition in his face.

My brother...

The brother that I spent almost four years of m life, trying to locate.

I have no idea what happened to him during those years he's missing, and when he came back...he's different.

He can't even remember my name.

The man bowed, "Your Majesty," and greeted.

I wanted to hug him. To cage him into a tight embrace and never let go. But if I would, he might remember the hideous things that happened to him because of me. And I dont want him to know. I dont want him to remember how our parents died in his arms.
How our younger brother died in my arms.

I smiled. Now that something like this happened, now that I know how their lives has been, yet again, been put into a dangerous balance. I should make a choice. Even if that choice would break me.

"You have to leave Hanseong." I said and tried to swallow the lamp in my throat, the tears that threatened to fall. I just had you back, oraboni..but now I'll have to let you go again.
"Go to the highness of Taebaek mountain, live in the Manggyeongsa Temple along with the buddhist. There you will be safe." I firmly said. Both Lady Choi and my brother was shock to hear what I said.

The woman stared at me in confusion, "But..you? How about you?" Seo Jin of Choi Household asked, her concerned face bothers me.

"I am the Queen, cousin. I have a position to take care of. For the meantime, as chaos still continues in the court, and people still trying to hurt you, you must hide." I gritted, "You will to only go back here when I tell you so."

My cousin shake her head, tears starts streaming down her face. "I promised father that I will look after you.." She cried,

"I know.." and now it's harder for me to do this, "But you also promised me you'll finish the task I've given you."