•chapter ten•

red

Math class is finally over and I walk with Jacob in the halls.

"You're a trouble maker!" I laugh, looking up at him.

"Well she shouldn't make her lesson so damn boring. Then maybe I wouldn't have to entertain myself and you!" He laughs.

"What class do you have next?" I ask.

"Choir," He sings out.

"Oh dang, I have History." I frown looking down.

"With Danny?" He asks.

"Yup." I frown even more at the mention of his name.

"Damn girl. I feel bad for you." He chuckles.

I dreadfully walk up the stairs to the class I dread everyday.

"Red! You're practically late!" Danny yells out.

"The bell hasn't even rung." I furrow my brows. The bell betrays me and rings a few seconds after my sentence.

"Oh?" He says with a smirk.

I roll my eyes and take my seat.

The teacher in this class loves to show up late. I just want to get this class over with but the teacher takes his sweet time

Across the room I see none other than Grey.

I'm psychic! I can predict the future! Or it could just be a coincidence...

"Can I call you strawberry?"

"what?!" I ask confused at yet another nickname.

"Because your hair is like a strawberry." Danny smiles at me.

I hate his smile. It always means teasing or something bad is going to happen.

"I tried Red when you came in the door, but it doesn't suit you. Strawberry is sweet like you." He smiles as he twirls a piece of my hair.

I give a disgusted look.

"Leave the poor girl alone." Max says shyly.

Out of the four of them, Max is the only one I can stand. Danny and his many friends: Kyle, Jason and Max are annoying. (well apart from Max on his nice days)

"Shut up Max." Danny gives a look.

"Class! Ready for another long lecture?" The teacher finally walks in.

The whole class groans and he laughs.

"Good. Me neither. My dog had babies last night-"

Mr. Kingston goes on and on about this whole story on how his dog 'Lacy' had babies. He explains that he was up all night making sure his 'baby' was having her babies alright.

He finally finishes with, "So I-I'm pretty tired." He chuckles. "Anyhoo! Free class today!" He slumps into his chair, ready to take a nap. "study or-whatever." He waves off in a general direction.

"Great! Now I get to have more time with my baby." Danny grins.

"Danny! Will you ever give up this joke you guys have been dragging on?" I ask confused, as to why he just loves to ruin history for me.

"Oh strawberry it isn't a joke."

I suddenly remember my book report and roll my eyes and get up to go ask Mr.Kingston if I can escape to the library.

"Where are you going strawberry?" He asks, quick to follow behind me.

"Mr. Kingston, may I go to the library." I ask, completely ignoring Danny.

He peels his eyes open and nods lazily.

"May I go with her." Danny shouts out.

He waves us both off and allows us both to go.

"Why Danny!" I stop at the door of the classroom.

"Because strawberry,"

"Don't call me that!" I exclaim frustrated.

I don't even realize the whole class is getting a show.

"Oh sorry Red." He smirks.

"Danny please. Just leave me alone and don't come with me to the library."

"But I need a book too Red." He smiles devilishly at me.

••••
How's the book so far?

If y'all like it please make sure to give it a vote!!!!❤️

Also how do y'all feel about Danny? 💀

VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW
🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞