Chapter 15

Manik: (seeing her shocked) Nandini, What happened?

Nandini: (slowly) Bhaiyu!

And with this she ran in the direction she was seeing leaving the balloons there only.

Manik was shocked and composing himself he ran behind her..

Manik: Nandini! Stop! Nandini!

He was worried that she will hurt herself and proving him right, she fell down on the ground spraining her ankle badly.

He came to her hurriedly and held her shoulders gently making her stand up.

Manik: Nandini, are you okay?

He checked her shoulders and than cupped her cheeks.

Manik: Aise kon bhaagta hai?

He asked sternly but she was not listening to him. She was looking behind her and seeing this he held her shoulders tightly.

Manik: (sternly) Nandini! (she turned to him) What happened?

Nandini: (slowly) I saw..Bha..Bhaiyu

Manik: Your brother Abhimanyu?

She nodded and Manik was shocked. How could Abhimanyu be here.

Manik: Are you sure?

He asked to assure and she slide his hands which was cupping her cheek.

Nandini: Aapko bharosa nahi hai mujh par?

She was quite disappointed with his lack of trust. Did he think that she will lie about such thing to him?

Manik: (softly) Aisa nahi hai. Come we will look for your brother.

With this he held her hand and took a step forward but stopped as she stumbled.

Manik: (worried) Are you okay?

Nandini: (in tears) No (sniffing) It is paining.

He shaked his head and picked her up in his arms. She was quite shocked but didn't struggle as they had no other choice.

They walked in the same direction and after walking for few seconds they reached that spot.

Nandini was looking here and there when he saw a boy of her brother's age with same height and same style standing there.

She patted Manik's chest to gain his attention and pointed at that boy.

Manik nodded and started walking to reach him but in the mid way that boy turned for some reason and Nandini nodded in no.

Nandini: He is not my brother.

She wiped her tears and hid her face in his chest as he sighed. Without saying anything Manik took her back to the hotel.

When they reached their hotel it was already 10. Manik took her to their room after taking the key from the reception.

Nandini was silently crying all the time wetting his t-shirt but he didn't say a word.

Entering inside he made her sit on the bed and called the room service to order for food.

Then turning to Nandini he again sighed and filled a glass of water from the side table.

Manik: (making her drink the water) Have it

Nandini took two sips and stopped. Seeing this Manik kept it back on the side table. However, the water helped her in not crying anymore.

Manik: You want to change?

She nodded in yes slowly and he sighed.

Manik: Nandini, it is okay. Please don't be sad.