Finalè

"I'm a little nervous...." You said, looking yourself up and down in the full length mirror, flattening out your dress.

"You're supposed to be, it's your wedding day!" Your mother shouted from across the room, bouncing your now two and a half year old daughter on her knee.

You couldn't help but feel self concious about how you looked. To this day you wore the same clothes you always had, and switching that all around and wearing an extravagant wedding dress was kind of messing with your head.

"If you're getting cold feet then-"

"No. Not cold feet. Never. I just still hate dresses." You told her. Even though the wedding was a simple one, with close friends and family only, Benny still wanted you to have everything you could possibly have. You told him you didn't need it, but he said that in twenty years looking back he didn't want you to have any regrets about what your wedding looked like. You told him you would marry him in a box under a bridge, and wouldn't regret a thing.

Now the big day came, and the only doubts you had were about this dress. It wasn't totally big and poofy, but it did come down really low, and you were scared that your clumsy ass would trip and faceplant.

"Darling, you're beautiful. You only have to wear it for the ceremony then you can change into your other dress." She told you. You nodded your head in agreement and smiled at the thought of finally marrying Benny after all these years of loving him like you did.

Even though back then you said you didn't want to get married too young, you knew that if Benny was consistent enough, you would have given in and been perfectly happy. You glanced down at the sweet ring on your finger and remembered the night Benny officially proposed.

It was a rainy night, and the baby had just been lulled back to sleep after being awoken by the loud rumbling of thunder.

You and Benny were about to go back to bed when he suddenly piped up.

"My love?" He whispered. You turned and saw him leaning up on his elbow, something clutched tight in his hand. You didn't dwell too much on what it was, wanting to go back to sleep.

"Yeah, Ben?" You replied, sleepily looking over at him with a light smile. Benny smiled back before leaning forward and connecting your lips in a kiss. It was long and slow and very full of love. You moved your hand to lay at the side of his face, and he pulled it away, bringing it down before sliding a ring on your finger over the one he'd given you a few years back.

You pulled back away in confusion,  staring down at the Victorian style engagement ring. It was beautiful. Nothing too fancy, for you didn't like that kind of thing, but still gorgeous. It suited you.

"Marry me." He whispered, lower this time. You began to open your mouth to say something, but he beat you to it. "Marry me because I love you more than every star in the sky. Marry me because I've dreamt of having you as my wife since we were fourteen. Marry me because I dream of making love to you every night for the rest of my life. Marry me because no matter what, there will only be one girl that I think of the way I do and it's you. It always was you, and it always will be you. Marry me because even in a billion years no two people will ever have such a pure love for each other as we do. Marry me, because you love me for me, and you always have, even before I knew you were a girl."