THIRTEEN

13 | NEW ARRIVALS

13 | NEW ARRIVALS

   WINTER clapped along with everyone else as three SUV limousines holding all thirty children from the Isle drove the roundabout.

The cars were all in a line and Winter watched as the first one pulled up. The driver quickly got out and opened the door.

A group of ten or so children ranging between the ages of ten and seventeen exited one by one. Winter kept an eye out for either Harry or Uma, but when neither came she figured they must have been in one of the other two limos behind.

When the next limo pulled up, Winter was greeted with the same results, no Harry or Uma. Finally, the last limo pulled up and the driver raced out to open the door.

The first one to exit the car was a boy with vibrant red hair. Winter slowly counted one by one, growing anxious as the number climbed. Perhaps they chose not to come?

Her prediction was proven incorrect when a second later, one of Uma's friends that Winter recognizes as Gil steps out with a large smile. Jay smiled back, handing the teen a wave, Gil eagerly waving back.

Next came Uma, the teal-haired girl adorning much jewelry and ocean-wear in her long hair. Her outfit looked like one of a true female pirate mixed in with some sort of siren.

Winter's heart picked up, the girl swallowing as a familiar chain ridden boot steps out from the dark limo. Harry Hook in all his glory emerges from the vehicle. He was exactly how she remembered with eyes that resembled the ocean coated with dark eyeliner.

He was still tan, wearing an outfit similar to the one she first saw him in, a long red trenchcoat, dark chained-up jeans, a large pirate hat which covered his dark locks, and most of all, the gleaming silver hook.

He was smirking and stood ideally next to Uma, Gil on Uma's other side. It was as though both were bodyguards to her, but if one were to look closer they would see the unbreakable bond of three friends staying together for support.

None of the new VKs would ever admit it, but this was all overwhelming. From what they had seen of Auradon Prep, it was bigger than either Serpent Prep or Dragon Hall. And all of Auradon was way bigger than the Isle itself.

Most of these kids had never seen a place so green, so bright, so beautiful.

Harry Hook himself could only think of one other thing he had seen that rivaled the beauty of Auradon. A pair of big brown eyes came to his mind.

Winter stopped clapping along with everyone else as the Fairy Godmother held up her arms, a kind smile drawn over her face.

"Welcome," she cheered, "to Auradon Prep!"

A few of the Isle kids were bouncing in excitement, but Winter only had eyes for Harry.

Harry Hook was facing the Fairy Godmother, but his gaze slowly began scanning the student body as though looking for something. Winter tilted her head, wondering what he was looking for. Perhaps he was just looking around.