xxv. THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM...IF THE STORM WAS A GIANT FUCKING MASSACRE.

ACT iii

ACT iii. day of the dead. haha, get it ?
CHAPTER xxv. ❛ THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM...IF THE STORM WAS A GIANT FUCKING MASSACRE. ❜

 ❜

turgistan ruins.
day of the dead.

                 "IT'S BEAUTIFUL," FIVE SPOKE IN UTTER AWE, breathing in the view of the Turgistan ruins. There, the ghosts inhaled the picturesque, hoping it would overwhelm the disquietude for their upcoming mission. Spoiler alert, it didn't. But that didn't matter now. Because the Day of the Dead had arrived and it most certainly was a Day for the Dead. The ghosts were prepared for what Rovach Alimov had to throw at them. And they were prepared for the sacrifices too. Because on a day such as that day, there was an alarmingly high chance that it may be any one of them's very last. And they were ready for it.

"Thank you," One replied, throwing an elegant pose her way. "I just threw it together."

The group rolled their eyes, smiling at his attempt of entertainment.

One stared off into the horizon. "The route to Rovach's boat will take about an hour. We need every second."

                  He took off his glasses and turned to his comrades. He wanted to look them in the eyes for what he was about to say. So, in a much more sombre tone, the billionaire spoke.