Chapter 35

So, it's nearly been three weeks since Aryan's birth.

Currently, I'm just sitting down with Aryan on cuddled up to me as he slept. Sonia and Roshan have been tirelessly taking care for him, changing his diapers at 2 in the morning, feeding him milk and even calming him down as he cried.

Today, just to let them sleep peacefully, I asked them to give Aryan to me, so that I could take care while the couple slept. They haven't been sleeping properly for the past three weeks and one could clearly see it from their dark circles.

Sometimes while having breakfast, Sonia would be dozing off and sometimes during dinners Roshan would be dozing off. Natasha has been trying to take care of herself on her own inorder to not stress her parents.

I remember once when Natasha was trying to comb her hair in her room and I had asked her why she didn't ask any of us for help, she had said:

"Mumma and Dadda are tired already, so I thought I should be a good girl and not stress them even more"

Arjun hadn't come home yet from his office and I was just watching some series on Netflix as I waited for him. All others were sleeping as well as the little baby on me. It was honestly cute. The way Aryan actually slept while pouting and with his hand wrapped around one of my finger.

It was nearly 12 and Arjun had yet not returned. Not that I minded because for the past three days, he's been returning around midnight.

❤️❤️❤️❤️

I didn't even know I had fallen asleep only to wake up to the crying of Aryan. I rubbed his back gently as I brought the milk bottle to his mouth. Just then I heard the door open and in walked a really sad looking Arjun. He didn't even acknowledge me and straight away went to our room. I knew for a fact that it wasn't his best day today at office but was it that bad that he didn't even acknowledge his wife?

I just sighed and focused on Aryan not letting anger get the best of me. I waited for him to come down but even after waiting for half an hour he didn't come down. So, after letting out an exhausted sigh, I got up switched off the t.v. and went up with Aryan in one hand as he slept and with his milk bottle in the other. I went in to find him already asleep.

I eased the baby out on the bed making a wall for the baby inorder to avoiding the risk of him falling off bed just incase he rolls over.

I made a make shift bed on the floor and tried to sleep, but I couldn't sleep. 12 a.m. turned to 2 a.m. and I still couldn't sleep, just kept tossing around. When the sun was about to rise was the time I slept hugging the pillow to my body.

❤️❤️❤️❤️

When I woke up next, I realised I was on something fluffy and went I moved my hands around, I realised I was on the bed. But, last I remember I was sleeping on the make shift bed. I got up to find that Aryan was no longer in the same room as I was, which could only mean that Sonia had moved him. I glanced at the clock and realised it was 8 in the morning and as I got out of the bed I heard the front door of the house shut.

I quickly took a shower and went down only to be met by an empty house. When I went to take some juice from the fridge I found a note stuck to it.

Roshan and family are out at Sonia's mom's.
Mom and dad have gone out for some work. I'm in the office, won't be back until midnight.

It was practically scribbled. Maybe he was in a hurry.

I just sat there gloomily and ate the breakfast. Then I decided that I should probably leave as well. I mean it's better than being alone in this house. So, I just left for my work.

While sitting in my office I happened to glance at my table calendar and was shocked to see that it was 5th December.

How could I forget my own birthday? 

I just shook my head and realised that no one has wished me. Not even Yash. Not even Arjun. Not wanting to sulk, I focused on one of my clients business reports. I once again lost track of time and when my phone buzzed, I quickly retrieved it and found out it was a message from swiggy(it's an Indian online food ordering and delivery platform)

I was almost on the verge of tears.

"Swiggy remembers but they don't!", I said out loud and started laughing and crying at the same time. Don't ask me how. It's just one of my hidden talent. The time was 5:30 so I decided to return home.

On my way home, I as usual found some kids begging and just like what I do on every birthdays, I parked the car in a safe place, tied my scarf around my face and went over and asked for the kids to join me to a restaurant.

I ordered a cake as well and fed the kids. The kids were so happy. Yash asked me once, why don't I take them under my wing and give them all that they want?

I had done something like this about 4 years ago and the parents of that kid had gone so mad at me that the mother even went to an extent to slap me. I was just taking the child to the hospital for a checkup because he seemed to be throwing up at lot. It didn't matter. The parents don't want their kids to grow. They want the kids to live the same old life that they are living. It's heartbreaking to see these kids beg and give the money that they earn to their parents. So every time I pass, and I spot a child begging, I give them all the money that I have in my purse.

That's exactly what I did a year ago and that's exactly what I did today. I gave the kids all the money and the way their eyes lit up made my heart melt. After the kids were done, they left soon fearing that their parents will be looking for them. I got up and went to pay for the bill.

"Urmm... Ma'am?", the manager said.

"Don't tell me the machine isn't working!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi guys! So I'm back with another update. I hope you guys liked it!

Anyways, I'm bored already! God! It's so irritating. I'm bored. I mean it feels like I'm dating my textbooks. Anyways, right now, I'm off to dating my economics book again because we have a lot to discuss and talk about 🥺🙄

Anyways, I have another quote like things I wrote.

Hope you guys like it

Look at this cutie pie.

Love,D❤️

Love,
D❤️