Daggers and Death

It was a cold morning as Dib woke up to his first alarm. He had a pencil and paper on his pillow, it was a rough draft of his next plan for getting closer to Zim.

He sat up and rubbed his eyes, letting them adjust to being open for a bit and then grabbed his glasses off of his nightstand. Dib walked over to his closet and got dressed for the day.

While he looked for a shirt he spotted his blue shirt with the grey straight face on it, the same shirt that Zim had stitched. He took it off the hanger.

Dib still had not washed it since last Friday.

Dib pulled it away from his face and looked at it. He felt the stitches where Zim had sewn it with his thumb and smiled slightly, 'Still smells just like him...' Dib thought not realizing he stood there for a good minute or two.

He put the shirt back on it hanger and found a different one and started to pack his backpack.

He had the now pressed leaf in a tiny frame on the wall, along with the flower crown he had on top of a sunshine yellow book about birds on his nightstand.

He asked his dad to make sure the flowers wouldn't shrivel or decay, which his dad surprisingly managed to do. Of course the professor was skeptical about where he got it and who was it from but Dib brushed off the question by changing the subject.

Dib went to the bathroom to comb his hair and brush his teeth. He couldn't help but think about when he was at the library with Zim. Every time he tried to think of something different it kept creeping into his thoughts.

He kept seeing his joyful smile when they first walked into the building flash through every thought, and seeing his face light up when he was told he could check out a book. The library was such a simple thing, but to Zim it was like there was nothing better.

Dib walled downstairs to the kitchen and set his backpack on the back of his chair as he poured himself cereal. Gaz soon came downstairs with her game and did the same, except she dropped her bag on the floor.

The mornings were commonly quiet for the two as Dib would quickly run off to catch Zim, while Gaz would lounge around the house until her alarm to leave went off. But this morning was different.

"Hey." Gaz said looking up from her game, which never happens. Dib looked up with a spoonful of cereal in his mouth. 'Gaz usually never talks in the morning.' Dib thought.

"You've been hanging out with Zim more." She said eyeing Dib as he swallowed his bite. "Yeah." Dib replied taking another bite.

"Don't you hate his guts."

"Duh."

"Then why would you want to be around him. Do you like him or something."

"Don't kid yourself." He said kind of harshly as he drank the rest of the milk from his bowl, and putting it in the sink.

Gaz rolled her eyes and unpaused her game and the room became silent again as Dib grabbed his backpack and left the house.
_________________________________

When he was ouside the cold hit him like a hole in the head, it was windy today. Orange and red leaves danced with the wind on the streets and the sidewalks.

Dib noticed Zim a bit of a ways ahead from his house as if he just left. Dib soon caught up to him.

Zim wore his usual outfit eccept he had a light-pink beenie with a hot-pink ploom at the top of it, and he had the little woosh on his wig poking out the front. He also wore a light-pink scarf with light-green lines moving horizontally across it to match his skin.