FOURTEEN

14 | JONAH

14 | JONAH

"HEY, the big five are back together!" It was a student from the crowd of AKs who yelled it.

Winter and Ben looked to each other nervously at the shout, both having an odd sense of dread as they realized what was next to come. More students from Auradon cheered, a few yelling about the big five.

Winter had never necessarily been popular at Auradon Prep, but she was well known. She may have not talked to people, but back before any VKs arrived and Sonny White still went to the school, all five of them were connected in the sense that they all the biggest royals of the school. They were the ones who were to inherit their parents' respective kingdoms, after all.

Winter saw the look of confusion on the four original VKs faces as 'the big five' had never come up in their time here. After Sonny left, no one spoke of it as obviously one of the five was missing.

"Sonny doesn't even go here!" Someone from the crowd yelled making everyone fall silent. "She left before the VKs came!"

Ben glared as Mal tilted her head in curiosity.

"Who is Sonny?" Mal questioned softly.

Now, all attention was thrown on Ben who looked nervous.

Uma placed her hand on her hip, narrowing her eyes. Winter fidgeted not wanting them to know that Sonny left because of their arrival and feeling bad.

Even if they had a rough outer shell, Winter realized they still had feelings. This would no doubt hurt them on the inside if they find out Sonny left before even knowing them.

It was not just Sonny either, quite a few kids were pulled by their parents at the announcement of the VKs attending. This year especially.

No Auradon parent wanted their children so close to the now open Isle. Thankfully, the numbers Auradon Prep lost was filled by the incoming Isle kids.

"Nobody, Mal—"

"She is Snow White and King Florian's daughter!"

Evie went pale at the name, the cogs in her brain no doubt putting everything into place. Mal's eyes went wide as she looked to Evie while Ben glared into the crowd of students. For once, it was not the VKs causing trouble as everyone expected, but rather the original Auradon students.

Before anything could be said, surprise surprise, it was Audrey who spoke up, stepping out from behind Chad.

"Stop this!" She snapped causing the student body to go quiet: even with everything that happened, Audrey was still one of the most influential girls on campus. "The big five means nothing, it is simply a title. It does not make a person, so please," Audrey was looking this time at the large group of new VKs, "don't treat us any differently than you would any other person."