Chapter 2

_Chapter 2_

Elliot Warren

I put on a different shirt, so I wouldn't look too bad meeting my new assistant. I know that I never wanted nor asked for that and I really can't stand someone sticking to me 24/7 but now that we already came this far, I couldn't just back off of it. Then I might as well make a decent impression while I was at it.

Mom had finished preparing some snacks and the meal for later since our families would also share our dinner together while Dad was making sure that everything was well arranged.

Meanwhile, I was breaking my head over the guy who was apparently going to come in the next few minutes. I mean they just live a few houses further across the street so it couldn't possibly take that long.

What if the guy was nothing but an asshole, or a discriminating idiot. I already met countless of those, no need to have one by my side all the time. Although, I am not that kind of person who cries as soon as someone comes along and calls me a living failure. Overall looking at my life, there is a hint of truth in these words. However, no one has the right to say it. At least no one who hasn't been in my position.

I can tell you for a fact that it is worse losing something you had than something you never had since you cannot miss something you never experienced before. Knowing how it feels like to run around, jump do sports or just be normal and then suddenly all of that gets taken away within less than two years... yeah I would've rather wished to be born this way. 

But enough of that pathetic talk already. Let's just hope that our neighbor's son will turn out to be a respectable person.

And that is when the door bell rang. My mother hurried in putting off her apron before throwing a final glance at me. "Be nice, okay?"

I sighed and put up a forced but polite smile when she went on and opened the door. "Hello Bianca, oh what a lovely smell," the blond woman, beaming in charisma stepped a foot in our house followed by a black haired man with a probably six year old girl in his arms. 

"Oh welcome! Perfect timing the cupcakes just finished," Mother showed great hospitality when they entered.

"So you are Elliot, I suppose," the woman smiled and shook my hand. Well she did have a too friendly seeming charisma, I must say. "I'm Livia. Meet my husband George and our daughter Liana. It's nice to finally meet you."

"Likewise," I smiled as the little girl eyed me with wide eyes. My father then also appeared, shaking everyone's hands when he guided them to our living room to take a seat on the couch.

"So where is your son?" Mom looked a bit confused. "I've been dying to meet him."

"I told him to come a few minutes later. We wanted to talk with you about him," George said. I frowned at his words as they sounded a bit worried. "So before you meet him you need to know that he is a bit difficult to deal with."

My frown deepened even more. What was this about?

"He did cause a lot of trouble in the past few years. We had to deal with the principle at least once a month and twice with his homeroom teacher. Even with the police once, too. This is why we gave him this task as his punishment," Livia said, making me wonder whether she was being serious or not.

So, she's saying that they are letting a delinquent ruffian take care of me?

"But of course we don't look at it as a punishment. Rather a chance. He may be a bit rough and seem unreliable but he has a kind heart. So, we wish that he'd learn how to act grown up, how to show responsibility and how to treat his mates with respect. We believe in him changing for the better. Hence, we hope you don't end up changing your mind now."