Chapter 26

Chapter 26 - The novel's Ruan Xia was an excellent judge of character! (1)

When Ruan Xia woke up that morning, the first thing she did was check Little Wang's temperature. She sighed in relief when she saw that his temperature had dropped. If he continued to have a high fever, they would have to consider whether or not to bring him to the hospital. Fortunately, although he was slightly feverish, it wasn't as bad as last night.

The little kid was sleeping very deeply, so she carefully pushed off his chubby hand from her body. Then, she went to the bathroom to get supplies and came back with the items to wash his face, arms, and legs with warm water.

After she was done with this, she noticed that Song Tingshen wasn't around anymore.

She went downstairs and only saw the housekeeper aunty, who was busy in the kitchen, so she asked her, "Where's Mr. Song?"

In front of outsiders, the novel's Ruan Xia had always referred to Song Tingshen as Mr. Song. At first, the housekeeper aunty had found this strange, but by now, she had gotten used to it.

"Mr. Song said something came up at work, but he'll be back soon."

Ruan Xia couldn't help but sigh. He was like a man made of iron. She could see that he hadn't been able to sleep well on the train, and he probably hadn't been able to sleep last night either. Under this type of mental state, he still went to the office. He was truly very dedicated to his work.

If a good-for-nothing like her became a boss, she would be late to work and early to leave practically every day. No, that was the wrong way to think about it. It would be more accurate to say that a person like her didn't even have the possibility of becoming a boss.

"Did he drive to work, or did a chauffeur come to pick him?" asked Ruan Xia.

Driving while sleep deprived was dangerous.

The housekeeper aunty froze in surprise. Mrs. Song had never had asked such a question before. Still, the housekeeper aunty honestly replied, "He was picked up."

Ruan Xia finally stopped worrying. It seemed that he had taken to heart the words that she had said on the train.

Health was the most important thing. How could he have not considered it earlier? If something happened to him, it was his child that would suffer the most.

Ruan Xia went to take a shower.

---

When Little Wang woke up, he was in much better spirits than before. After helping him change into a comfortable set of clothing, she held his hand as they went downstairs to eat breakfast.

The chubby kid was especially clingy today. Perhaps, it was because he was still recovering from his sickness. Wherever she went, he would follow her. Even when they were eating breakfast, he stayed very close to her.

This reminded Ruan Xia of something that happened later in the novel.

Once, when the adult Song Shuyan had gotten sick, the female protagonist, who he was using, had wholeheartedly come over to take care of him. When he was feeling his worst, he had called out, "Mom."

Even in adulthood, many people would think of their mothers when they were in pain.

After the novel's Ruan Xia had given her son away, she had thought that would be the end of it. But, at that time, Song Shuyan was already four-years-old. He knew that his dad had died and that his mom didn't want him. After throwing a tantrum for a long time at his adopted parents' home, Song Shuyan changed from a lively and extroverted kid to a silent and introverted person overnight. Even though his adopted parents treated him very well, he never saw them as his parents.

A child that had been abandoned by his mom... Ruan Xia felt bad for him just thinking about it.

Song Shuyan felt love and hate towards his mother. This was why he had used the female protagonist's family's power to suppress the novel's Ruan Xia's second husband until he was practically bankrupt. He hadn't thought about directly harming her. In the novel, he didn't even have the courage to appear in front of his mom and tell her that he was the son she had abandoned.

And so, with these thoughts in mind, even though Ruan Xia was exhausted, she forced herself to play with the chubby kid all day.