055 | USHIJIMA WAKATOSHI

one shot is titled— TEDDY BEARinspired by events in true life

one shot is titledTEDDY BEAR
inspired by events in true life

When you first met Wakatoshi, you knew he wasn't the type of guy who would be lovey-dovey with someone. However, it surprised you when you saw Wakatoshi with Tendou and Eita sitting across you in a cafe and in a mixer.

"You know them?" Your childhood friend whispered in your ear, her eyes checking out Eita.

You can only nod, seeing the awkward and heavy exchange between the trio. You could read Wakatoshi mouthing, "I shouldn't even be here.'

Tendou clears his throat. "Okay ladies, are you ready to have some fun?" He wriggled his eyebrows, causing your other friend to giggle.

Childhood friend A seemed to make small talk with Eita while childhood friend B seemed to hit off with Tendou. Leaving you in the middle with an uninterested Wakatoshi sipping on his cola.

You bit your lip. Looking around the cafe to find other groups like yours in a mixer. Sighing, you turn around, only to meet with Wakatoshi's intense gaze on you.

"You're that second year, right?"

You gulped, chuckling nervously. "Ah, Y-Yes senpai!"

He nods, munching off on his burger. You reach for the bag of french fries, but Tendou already had it in his hands, offering childhood friend B with it.

The awkward tension between your supposed date caught the attention of both couples. "Oii! Loosen up, will ya! Don't be so boring and talk to her!"

You blushed in embarassment. "I-It's fine sempai!"

Wakatoshi sighed, waving off his hand. Eita and Tendou both resumed to talking with their dates.

"Do you know the basic rules in Volleyball?"

Tendou choked on his burger and Eita spat his cola. You turned even red from the embarrassment.

"That's not how to talk to a girl you piece of—"

"Cheers!" You slammed your glass of beer against your classmates, laughing loudly. You and your classmates decided to let loose in a pub after you've finished your midterm exams. You deserve a pat in the back for doing great, you must say.

"So guys," Kaori, one of your close classmates say, "What do you say we go out on a hiking soon? Huh?!"

A couple of 'yes' echoes in your table. You just went along, too happy to disagree. Then your phone rings in your bag. You took it out, seeing your boyfriend's name flash across the screen.