Air mattress

Chapter two: Air mattress (Madison's POV)

"And this is where we keep the bowls and the glasses," I closed the last cabinet. Jacob demanded that I show him around and tell him where everything is placed so he doesn't mess anything up yet somehow I'm sure he will. "There ya go," I began going up the stairs but he grabbed me and pulled me back. 

He needs to stop doing that. "I don't have a bed to sleep on." 

Oh, so it wasn't bullshit this time? Improvement. "Ask Nick to give you an air mattress," I huffed. 

"Why don't you just give it to me?" he questioned. 

"I can't reach that shelf in the garage, just ask him," I rolled my eyes before going up to my room. I lay on my bed and went on my phone for a little bit until Nick and Jacob came in. 

"We can't figure out how to work it," Nick huffed. 

Are you kidding me? 

I rolled my eyes and got off the bed, following them to Jacob's room. I saw the wire plugged into a socket and the air mattress laying there, completely deflated. "You didn't even try," I scoffed while walking to the point. I grabbed the mattress and found the place to plug it in before plugging it and turning the switch on. "It's not rocket science, guys. Turn it off when it's inflated and don't do anything that might poke a hole in it because if you do, Jacob. You're sleeping on the floor," I said before going back to my room. 

How is Nick the older one? 

~~~~~ 

"Dinner's ready!" Nick called out. He's the cook in the house. I went downstairs and was greeted by all three of them in the kitchen. 

"What'd you make?" I asked while sitting beside Julia. 

"I didn't cook. He did," Nick gestured to Jacob. 

"Oh, no," Julia and I said in sync. 

"It's actually pretty good lasagna," Nick shrugged. They make a dangerous team, I don't like this duo. 

"Fine, I'll try it," I shrugged, taking a little piece on my plate. I looked up to Jacob smirking and the other two looking at me in disbelief. "What?" I asked. 

"You're gonna try it?" Nick chuckled. 

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'll just order my dinner in," I said sarcastically. 

Julia hesitantly took a plate and tried it and I can't lie, it was pretty freaking good. We all ate, the guys talked amongst themselves and Julia and I did too. Once we were done, we all helped clean up and did our dishes. I was last to do mine and when I was finally done, I washed my hands and dried them off. I turned around, not expecting anyone to be there and no one was, except Jacob. 

He was sitting on a bar stool with his chin resting in the palm of his hand, his elbow holding up his arm while he stared at me. 

"What?" I sighed while hanging the rag back up before turning to face him. 

"What?" he asked innocently. 

"Do you need anything?" I questioned. 

"No?" his brows furrowed. 

"Then why have you just been sitting there watching me like a creep?" I remarked. 

"Like an admirer," he corrected. 

"Sure, whatever you say," I scrunch my nose at him before going to hit the lights. 

"How much have you missed me?" he asked.