Chapter 2

Covers to the right is made by Trackrunner14 :) 

***

Amanda's POV~

Did John just slam the door in my face?

I stared dumbfoundedly at the brown wooden door, my eyes never blinking.

One.

Two.

Three.

My eyes blinked. The door wasn't opening at all! He really did just slam the door in my face!

I took one step forward and pressed the side of my face against the door, trying to listen for any signs of life. But all I heard was a thump; well that was until a loud voice filled the air.

"Why the hell didn't you tell me Amanda was here at my college!?"

I covered a small laugh. Sounds like he's on the phone with Izzy. She'll handle him for now...

Twisting around, I ran smack into someone's shoulder. "Ouch! That hurt!" I rubbed my forehead, my eyes glancing up. Sky blue eyes met mine dead on.

His expression softened as an apologetic look spread across his face. "Sorry." He leaned in closer, his warm hand touching my forehead, invading my personal bubble. "Did I hurt you?" His breath tickled my face.

"Ah, kind of!" I slapped his hands away, taking a step backwards. I huffed, trying to control my breathing. He was way too close for comfort.

He chuckled, covering his mouth. "You're funny."

"Um... thanks?" I gave him a confused look. How the hell was that even funny? "Anyways, who are you?" He sounded very familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

He held his hands out, grinning. "I'm Daniel, but you can call me Danny if you want." Oh, now I remember! He's John's best friend. No wonder why he sounded familiar. Whenever John talked about college, Danny's name was usually mentioned.

"Amanda. Just Amanda." I shook his hand.

He pouted. "Aww... so I can't call you Mandy?"

My eyes widened for a fraction of a second before I composed myself. I haven't heard that name in years, and it should stay like that. I hate that name. "No. Just Amanda."

He shot me a weird look, eyeing me. "Alright."

I nodded, not knowing what else to say. Well... this is awkward. What do I say now? "Um... so what are you doing here?" I mentally slapped myself. What kind of question was that? Of course he's going to his room!

He pointed behind him. "I'm this guy's roommate." He shoved his hands in his pockets and tried searching for something. His smile dropped. "Crap, I forgot my keys."

"Just knock on the door."

I didn't even take one step forward when his hand shot out, grabbing my wrist. "What are you doing?"

I arched my brow. "I was going to knock on the door?"

"I wouldn't do that if I were you."

"Why not?"

His hand dropped from my wrist. "He's not alone."

"What do you mean?"

He mumbled something under his breath, chuckling. "Nothing."

"What! That's not fair." I pouted. He can not just mumble something under his breath and not tell me about it. "What did you say?"

He waved me off. "Nothing."

"B-but..." I stomped my foot. "Come on, just tell me!"

He opened his mouth to reply, but a different voice filled the air. "Joshy!" Joshy? Who the hell is that?

My head shot towards the direction of the voice. A girl around the same age as Danny with long brown hair and dark icy blue eyes appeared. She was waving her hands around, probably trying to get this so-called 'Joshy's' attention. Sadly, the only person I saw around there was Danny, so who the heck was this chick talking to?

Before I even had time to look, she jumped into the arms of... Danny? Okay... what?

"Oh my God! Joshy, I missed you so much." Hold up, Danny is Joshy? Is that his other name or something?

His eyes sparkled with joy, his smile growing even bigger. "Hey Jeyleen." He gave her one last squeeze before he set her down, kissing the top of her head. "How was your summer break?"

"Great! Mom took me to England! Can you believe it?! She finally took me—" She stopped mid-sentence, her eyes widening. She squeaked, hiding behind Danny.

"You didn't tell me you were here with someone," she whispered to Danny, watching me warily.

What? How could she not see me? I was standing right next to him! "Oh, sorry." He pointed to me. "This is Amanda." He looked at Jeyleen. "And this is Jeyleen. My—"

"Girlfriend," I finished for him. She's probably freaked out that her boyfriend was talking to some girl.

They both looked at me, glanced at each other, and started laughing. What's so funny? Did I say something wrong?

After they both got their laughter under control, Danny was the first to speak. "Didn't you notice anything between the two of us?"

I gave him a bewildered look. "Huh?"

"She's my twin sister."

Twin sister? Looking at them closely, I finally saw it—the resemblance. Same pale skin tone, eye color, hair color; though Danny's hair was a bit darker but they practically had the same bone structure! My cheeks grew red as I realized this. Total embarrassment right there.

"Oh... sorry."

He shrugged his shoulders. "It's fine. You didn't know."

I nodded. I looked at Jeyleen, who's still hiding behind Danny. "There's still one thing I don't get."

"What's that?" Danny asked.

"Why did you call him 'Joshy'?"

"Josh is my middle name," Danny answered for her again.

I gave him a look. "Why are you answering for her?"

Her cheeks grew pink and her hands grabbed onto his back. "Jeyleen's shy around strangers. She's not going to answer you unless she feels comfortable around you."

That explains the squeak when she saw me and the fact that she's still hiding behind him. "Oh, I see." I gave her a big smile. "Talk to me when you're ready."

She nodded, but I saw a faint smile.

"Can you all shut up! I'm trying to sleep here!" a girly voice boomed out.

All three of our heads shot toward the blonde girl next to John.

My smile vanished when I saw her wearing John's shirt. So that's what Danny meant.