Part 33

Y/N's POV

Seokjin was about to greet me but he paused as Jimin moved again on the bed and mumbled something in his sleep.

His eyes widened as he observed Jimin and I back and forth. To my messy hair and to Jimin who was in my shirt, and my eyes instantly widened too, mirroring his expression.

"Y/N, d-did you –" he started but I cut him off before he could finish.

"N-No, oppa. No! It's not how it looks like, I swear" I whisper-shouted, waving my hand furiously to deny anything that Seokjin might be thinking in his head.

To prevent Jimin from waking up and worsened the situation, I hastily walked out the bedroom and closed the door behind me. Taking the eldest member of BTS by his forearm, I pulled him into the kitchen to explain.

"It's not what you think it is, oppa" I croaked out in panic.

I must've looked funny to Seokjin because I saw him cracked a smile on his handsome face.

Wordlessly, he pushed me to sit and walked to the kitchen counter, getting a glass of water and came back to me, who's still in my anxious-nervous-panic mode.

He handed me the glass and I accepted it without any argument, gulping down the water to ease the dry in my throat as I just woke up.

I sighed in content and wiped my mouth with the back of my hand, feeling a little refreshed after quenching my thirst.

"Alright, don't panic. There's nothing wrong if you guys are dating or even sleep together, both of you are adults," he started and I shook my head multiple times, strongly denying his statement.

"No, no oppa. We're just friends. He slept on the couch last night, and I don't know when he got into the bed. Nothing happened between us," I blurted out fast, wanting to clear the things from any misunderstandings.

Seokjin furrowed his eyebrows together, but still managed to look very handsome doing so.

"Jimin didn't make his move on you?" he asked, eyes staring straight into mine and I shook my head at his question.

"What? No. We decided to be just friends," I gave my answer and Seokjin sighed and slumped his worldwide wide shoulder.

"Well, alright. Now I pity the boy," he shook his head and I furrowed my eyebrows as well, copying his face expression.

"Why, why? Jimin agrees, and I am more comfortable with being friends too," I queried, feeling like I was doing something wrong somewhere.

Seokjin looked at me seriously before blurting out the next question.

"You know that Jimin likes you, right?" he asked, straight to the point.

"Well, y-yeah" I stuttered.

This felt like I was being interrogated by my boyfriend's mom – wait no, best friend's mom? Best-boy-friend's mom? I don't know anymore.

"Now answer me. Do you like him?" he asked seriously, without a smile on his face.

"I-I like him as a friend?" I gave vague answer, and Seokjin sighed, recollecting his calm self before continuing his interrogation.

"Be honest with yourself, Y/N. I'm not forcing you to accept Jimin, but you have to figure out your feelings. Do you really like Jimin just as a friend or are you afraid to accept your real feelings towards him?" Seokjin asked and I couldn't give my answer.

Am I really afraid to accept my feelings towards the boy?

Because of what?

Because I was insecure?

Because he was an idol?

Because I was afraid of the consequences to both of us if it goes out to the public?

Because all of the things above?

"I don't know, Jinnie oppa. I'm sorry," I whispered out, feeling dejected.

"Don't be, Y/N. But I just need you to know that Jimin really likes you. Sincerely. Your letters that you gave to each one of us through Taehyung? He kept it at the back of his phone case and close to him at every moment," Seokjin opened up a story and I listened intently to it.

"He did?" I questioned curiously.

"Yeah, it was like his treasure. Do you want to know that one time he forgot his phone at the place we dine? He almost lost his mind and freaked out like a mad man looking for it. You should see the relieved look on his face as he got it back," Seokjin smiled at me, and I just scratched the back of my head, feeling slightly embarrassed that Jimin cherished my letter to that extent.

"And that's how we know that the boy really likes you, Y/N" Seokjin continued, and I just listened quietly to his voice.

He was really like the mother of the group. He cared for Jimin like a family.

But I was even more shocked that he treated me just the same. He's a very warm person that everyone should have at least one in their live.

"All of us will be happy if you guys got together, but if your heart says no, please don't accept him just because you feel obligated to do so. If that's the case, both of you will just get hurt in the future, and we definitely didn't want that to happen to both of you," he advised honestly, and I felt warm in my heart.

"Thank you, oppa. I'll figure everything out soon and give Jimin the answer as soon as possible," I decided to find out my true feelings all thanks to this short talk with Seokjin.

"That would be great Y/N. But if you really can't see yourself being with Jimin, I hope that you can explain to him kindly without hurting him too much," Seokjin kindly patted my head and I nodded at that.

Satisfied as he got his answer, Seokjin suddenly clapped his hand loudly.

"Alright, now let's get to work!" he got up on his feet and I just blinked in full confusion, not knowing what he meant.

"Work?"

"Yeah, we're doing groceries!" he announced brightly, and all the serious mood a few seconds ago just dissipated into thin air, being replaced with his cheerful aura.