Take a leap

"With me, Josh is in love with me." Mariah cuts Riley off furiously and gets closer to the two girls. She gave them a disgusted look and
scoffed. "Do you not care that he's in a happy relationship? Do you not see from my side that I'm trying my absolute best to give him a future that I know you aren't capable of giving him?"She snaps and closes the door to make sure that she's not loud enough for Josh to hear.
Maya was ready to say a few things that would hurt the girls feelings but Riley shushed her before it could become something more than it needed to be.

"Hold on a second. You think that my uncle Josh loves you? He hates you with a passion Mariah. He's just using you to make Maya jealous, which is what I was supposed to tell her until you came in here. Maya makes him happy with her presence alone and you make him want to eat food out of the garbage instead of being around you. So don't you tell Maya that's she not capable of a future with him. She's had a future from the beginning, your just a placeholder." Riley snaps in the most Riley way she could and it made Maya so proud to call her a best friend.

Mariah rolled her eyes, no words dared to come out of her mouth for awhile. She stood there in silence, noticeably bothered by Riley's response. "W-Well see about that, shall we?" She slammed the door behind her and went over to Josh.

Maya and Riley being curious as they are rush over to see what was going to happen between the two "love birds". Mariah folds her arms and bats her eyelashes at Josh. "Josh, I want you to stay away from-"

"It's over Mariah. Everything that Riley said in there is true believe it or not. I've always put what I thought was my happiness first and not what actually made me happy. I've appreciated getting to know you and have love for you for so long but I can't continue to live a lie. I hope you find someone that can, no offense, deal with you." Josh sighed with relief that he could get everything out in the open and be completely honest whether it hurt Mariah's feelings or not.

She rolled her eyes and grabbed her purse. "This isn't how I wanted this to end but your right. I would rather be with someone who's willing to be with me and not treat me like an option. So goodbye josh. Is it okay to hug?" She opened her arms to him.

Josh gave a slight smile and nodded, embracing her for the last time. "Goodbye Mariah." He pulled away and walked her to the door. Once he shut it he turned around to an incredibly happy Maya.

"Boing!" She jumped into his arms and he let out a laugh.

"You're grown up and we've taken different paths to get where we are. I'm just ready to settle. Settle with you." He whispered in her ear.
Maya couldn't help but hide her face into his shoulder as she blushed harder than she ever had before. "I'm ready too. I mean you did promise me this whole long game thing." She teased.

Josh pulled away from her and cupped her cheeks. "You're worth the long game." He leaned down and kissed her.

Of course in the background there was Riley as the sound effects person doing the woo's and aw's. She could picture everything from there. Maya hart, her best friend would live her dream of becoming an actual part of her family. The last name and all.

So much for the long game right?
—————————
Hey guys I wasn't sure whether I wanted to end the story or not. But I think it's just about that time. it's been a ride lol I've written this story since 2016 and I'm just glad I can finish it now. Thank you guys for waiting it out all this time. For still continuing to read. For the new readers. For giving it the recognition. Again, thank you. Love you guys!