Prom

Dawn's POV

Once again, Alan and I are walking out of school. He tells me he's gonna come around 5:50. I nod and kiss him goodbye. I hop into Tom's car and we drive off. I get home and immediately run to my room and get ready. It is currently 3:30. I have exactly 2 hours and 20 minutes to get ready, that is not nearly enough time. I begin with curling my hair. It takes about 1 hour and then I do my make up. That also takes about one hour. It turns out like this.

 It turns out like this

I then put my dress.

I slip some heels on and do finishing touches on my hair and makeup

I slip some heels on and do finishing touches on my hair and makeup. I then realize I need jewelry. As I'm grabbing some cute earrings and a ring, the doorbell rings. Oh god! I'm not ready. Suddenly I hear Tom open the door.

Tom's POV

I hear the doorbell and walk to the door. "Ok Tom. Be nice." I say to myself and open the door. There stands Alan. He's wearing a nice suit with a yellow tie. 

"Hi Alan. I'm Tom." I introduce myself and put out my hand for him to shake. 

"Hi." Alan says as he shakes my hand, he steps inside and we wait for Dawn. We make small talk meanwhile.

"So, you play football right." I ask. (BTW I'm just gonna say football from now on. After 18 chapters I think we all know it's soccer not american football.)

"Yes sir." Alan answers. "Your daughter is an amazing gymnast by the way." 

"Thanks. Guess it runs in the family." 

"Wait. Isn't she-" 

"Adopted? Yeah, but family is more than blood right?" I explain. Alan nods. We hear heels click on the hardwood floor and look over at the stairs. There stands Dawn. In her beautiful dress, with beautiful makeup and a beautiful smile. She looks like a princess.

"Wow, Dawn. You look beautiful." Alan complements. His eyes are glued to her. He looks like he's in love. His eyes don't come off her. He really looks in love. Dawn finishes coming down the stairs. She is looking at Alan with those same eyes. The eyes that stretch far and wide, like an ocean. Those eyes that are full of love.(I want someone to look at me like this).