MFA chapter 10*

Chapter 10* 

"What should we do first?" Andy asked, me still on his back. I could feel the vibrations from his speech and it felt odd against my stomach. 

"I say we should just make a big circle around the whole park," Scout suggested, opening a map she'd gotten from a person at the front gate. "That way, we won't pass up anything and she can see everything." 

"Good idea, I think that's best," Jake agreed. 

We were on Main Street, and, yes, I had read the street sign.  

Disney Land was amazing. It was beautiful and unique and it smelled delicious. There were flowers and trees everywhere, giving the place shade and excellent scenery. There was a big castle off in the background and this part of the park looked like an old time city. There were lampposts and I could see shops that looked like apartments a little ways away. The brick and asphalt ground had metal lined grooves in it, probably to keep something in place when it came by. It smelled of cinnamon, sugar, and breakfast meats. Across the way I saw a vendor selling really long churros. They smelled hot and fresh. I may not be Mexican, but I knew a good churro when I saw it. 

Just then, a horse drawn carriage came clomping by. The man steering the carriage was in a suit with tails on the jacket and a top hat that kind of reminded me of Jinxx. Now I knew what the grooves were for. I'm sure they went through all of the park. The man smiled and tipped his hat to me. I was kind of shocked he didn't see me as a freak, like the lady at the parking garage did. He winked at me before riding off. He didn't wink in the hey-babe-wanna-go-out-later sort of way. It was more like I-can-tell-it's-your-first-time-here-so-have-fun kind of way. 

"Ready to get going?" Andy asked, giving my thighs a squeeze to get my attention. I nodded, resting my chin on his shoulder. He readjusted me on his back and we started walking toward where the shops were. 

"Where to first?" I asked Ash, who now had the map in his hands. 

"Hmm..." he rubbed his chin philosophically. "I'd suggest Small World, but that's more of a ride to go on when you're tired. So we should hit up Adventureland first and go on from there." He turned to us for our agreement. 

"Good idea, we can go on Indiana Jones," Jake said. 

"Ooh! I love that ride, even though I've been on it a billion times," Scout added, smiling. 

"Rad, Adventureland it is," Andy said, his back vibrating again. 

I moved so the side of my head was resting on Andy's shoulder and I moved my arms so they were wrapped around his chest. I rubbed my hands in a circular motion, making Andy sigh. He leaned his head against my arm before he started walking. 

"I swear you will be the death of me," he said quietly to me.  

"Oh, you know you love me," I said in his ear. 

He chuckled. "That, I do." I smiled. 

We made our way over to Adventureland, talking and messing around the whole time. We got in line for the Jungle Cruise, it being the shortest. I jumped off of Andy's back and settled with holding his hand in line. As soon as we got close to the boats and water, the smell of wild plants and unfiltered water hit me. It wasn't gross, it was kind of welcoming. 

Andy said something about needing to go to the restroom and he left me with Scout and the guys. We were probably five minutes from the front, so he'd better hurry.  

When we were a few boats back from getting on, the guy who separated the lines starting talking. I had been having a conversation with Jake about going on all the other rides when the guy butted in.