Book 4 ~ Chapter 5

Team Avatar grew worried with the disappearance of Korra. Mako and Lei had just gotten back from Air Temple Island. Mako was sitting on the couch, watching as Lei began to pace back and forth in front of the couch. He knew that she was thinking of Korra, his gaze continued to follow her as she went back and forth. This reminded of him when she was worried about Iroh II losing his position.

"Korra has been gone a few months, where could she be?" Lei questioned, as she paced continuously, Mako not taking her eyes of her.

"Lei," Mako started, knowing she was going to ramble.

"We wrote her a lot of letters to make her feel better, she must've received them right?" Lei questioned, as she crossed her arms together.

"Babe," Mako cooed, trying to get her attention, which didn't work on her.

"She couldn't have gotten far, so that means she would be near the earth kingdom," Lei thought out loud, as she glanced at Mako.

"Princess," Mako teased, Lei looked away then made a thinking expression.

"What if she's hurt? What if she's not missing but kidnapped?" Lei gasped, as she grew worried.

"Lei," Mako repeated, giving up with the nicknames.

"I should go find her, figure out where she went. I'll take Kaya with me and start packing," Lei finished, as she started heading towards the bedroom. Mako immediately got up to run and stop infront of her.

"Lei, slow down, will you?" Mako said, Lei narrowed her eyes at him and crossed her arms.

"Korra's out there on her own for six months, how can you not be worried?" Lei said angrily, as she pointed at the window.

"Of course, I'm worried but there's nothing that we can do besides leave it up to Tenzin and Tonraq. We don't even know exactly where Korra went, so it would be a dead trail and you know that," Mako explained, Lei sighed deeply as she began to walk back to the couch.

"I'm worried about her," Lei said softly, as Mako kneeled in front of her, taking his hands into hers.

"I am too, but this time, we have to leave it up to Tenzin. Can you do that?" Mako said sincerely, Lei sighed and nodded.

"Besides, we have to go see a healer about your condition, anyway," Mako added, as he kissed her hands before standing up and going to the bedroom.

✨•~~~~~~~•✨

Morning came, and just as Mako said, he took Lei with him to see the local healer that was nearby. After Mako and Lei informed the healer about some details of her condition, she was told to sit in the tub of water, Mako waited outside to give them some privacy, even though Lei insisted he could stay. She placed one foot in the tub before carefully submerging her body in the water, with her head resting at the rim of the tub.

"Close your eyes," the healer instructed, Lei closed her eyes heeding her words. Just like that, Lei was put into a deep sleep while the healer brought the water back and forth from each end of the tub, to sense the energy flowing in her body. The healer looked at her oddly as she assessed the patient's condition. Lei sat outside after her check up with Mako. The healer came in, causing both of them to stand up.

"Well?" Mako asked curiously, as the healer stopped in front of them.

"Her physical condition is fine, other than the common fatigue she feels in her legs. But, I healed it as much as I could but it could come back after a while. As for her mental condition, I'm still not certain as to what is causing it," the healer answered, Mako nodded slowly.