Hurt

Some people hurt by words, some by silence and some by actions, but the biggest hurt is someone ignoring us when we value them a lot.

Wish #11: get a tattoo.

Wish #12: build a time capsule.

•|•|•|•|•

Dave’s POV.

I was so angry. Kath left, I can’t believe she left. I paced up and down the living room in anger. “Dave, calm down” Sam scolded, “were you guys just fighting because of the guy Kath is interested in? Why didn’t you leave her? Now she is gone, what if she gets into trouble?”.

Thinking it through, my anger was replaced by worry. “You’re right” I realized, “where would she go?”. I grabbed my phone and began calling her, she didn’t answer my call. “Answer my call, dammit!” I nearly threw my phone in frustration.

“Now is not the time to be angry Dave, keep calling” Sam scolded and began calling. We waited nearly an hour before we got a call from Ayo. He told us Kath came to his house to stay and we shouldn’t worry. Only after hearing that did my heart calm down. Sam relaxed too. “okay, she is with someone we trust” he assured himself.

“Yeah” I mumbled. I mused over the fact that she had left and got up. I went to the room we gave her and stayed there. I didn’t leave there till the next day.

Throughout the week, I was irritated. Anybody could tell. Sandra and mom found out about Kath leaving and they sort of blamed me. They asked me why I kept asking Kath about the mystery man when she didn’t want to talk about it.

They don’t understand Kath, Kath always leaves important details behind. There is a reason she isn’t telling me his name. I know it.

I was on my way home from work when Ayo gave me a call. I answered it, “hello? What is it?”.

“Kath and I are at a tattoo parlor, she is about to do her wish thing” Ayo said, getting straight to the point. He sounded bored, “you might wanna get here soon. I will text you the address”.

Ayo hung up and I looked at my phone in anger. Kath! You’ve done it again! You are always the one to break our pact, why do you make me so angry? I rarely got angry till you came along. I looked at the address Ayo texted and entered a bike quickly.

I arrived at the tattoo parlor and found Ayo and Kath standing outside. Kath saw me and looked away proudly with crossed arms. I glared at her and pointed at her, “you!…you are always the one to break our pact. Why make me promise if you can’t keep it?!”.

Ayo came in between us. Kath retorted, “For your information, I am the one who got Ayo to call you. I am not as untrustworthy as you think Dave”. I glared daggers at her.

“Stop it both of you” Ayo said sounding fed up, “jeez, I can’t believe it is both of you that are arguing like this. You were really good friends”.
“We are still friends” Kath and I said at the same time. We looked at each other frowning but surprise in our eyes. Ayo smiled at us amused. Okay, so Kath still considers me her friend, that is good.

“let’s go in” Ayo said and we stepped in. It seemed Ayo was the one who found the place so he went to meet the tattoo artist. Kath and I looked away from each other. I can’t believe she left the house just because of that guy.