CHAPTER FOURTY NINE

Mubarak drived as fast as he could due to how restless Muhammad. The arrived at the hospital in a short period of time they walk straight to room zeenat was admitted. The exchange pleasantries with the officers and doctor.

"What is wrong doctor"Muhammad asked with urgency in his voice.

"Let's all go to my office and talk calmly"the doctor said Muhammad wanted to argue but Mubarak quickly stopped him.

"The patient was attacked earlier this morning"the doctor said calmly.

"What!!!! Where were the security we arranged? What kind of irresponsibility is this how can she be attacked despite you being there"he bolted he wouldn't have acted this way if not for the stress he Was going through Mubarak knew that so he urge him to calm down.

"It's not thier fault Muhammad they were all by the door but they didn't see anybody going in we also found them unconscious and when we check the cctv footage we found out that they were rendered unconscious by the criminal by spraying a powdered drug"he explained and Muhammad rubbed his face in frustration.

"Have you seen the persons face in the footage"he asked.

"No her face was closed with a mask so we couldn't recognise her but the police are working on the case"the doctor answered.

"Can I see the footage"he asked.

"Yes sir"he played the video again and again.

"The eyes and even the way she walks seems familiar but I can't seem remember the person"he said going deep in thought.

"How about the patient"he asked

"She's stable now alhamdulillah all thanks to the nurse that went to check on her and found her struggling to breath,she's been responding to treatment lately but I didn't tell you because I don't want to keep your hopes high"the sighed before he continues "I hope she wakes up soon so that we can know who criminal is"he finished.

"Sir I forget to tell you we have and old camera in her room"the hospital technician quickly chripped in "the view might be blurry if you check but I can make it clear if it's not so bad"he added adjusting his speck.

"What are we waiting for then let's go to the computer room and check"he said before they all scramble out to computer room.

"The view might take two days or so to be clarified but I'll try my very best to see if i can do it within 24hrs"he said after checking the very blurry video.

"Okay thank you so much I really appreciate this"Muhammad thanked him before adding "Again I want this to remain among us please I don't to give the criminal a head up I can see who ever she is she is very smart" they all agreed before retiring back to thier work.

"Moh who do you think is doing all this? Does jawahir has any foe or anybody holding grudges against her"Mubarak ask when they enter the car.

"Wallahi I don't know Mubarak as far as I know jawahir she is not the type of person that gets into a fight,I even went as far as asking mama but she told me that jawahir doesn't normally mingle with a lot of people talk less of getting into fight"he sighed in defeat before turning on the ignition.

"Don't worry Insha Allah we will get to the peak of this"Mubarak said patting Muhammad a bit "so now you're getting married to basma"mubarak said in disgust.

"Unfortunately that's what jawahir wants I don't know who brainwashed her or put that idea in her head I just want to see her happy she has suffer alot because of me I don't want to hurt her anymore and that stupid basma I tried to talk her out of this but she refused to agree with me,hajiya's only aim is to ruin our lives I just kinda hate her at this moment"he replyed in annoyance.

"Why did you agree with jawahir in the first place I know you want to make her happy but my brother even if you do not agree with her i know she will be miffed for sometime but will later understand"Mubarak reasoned.

"Wait until you get married Mubarak you'll understand where I'm coming from"he said with small smile. That's how they continued talking until they parked at the main house. They walk in together and met basma by the corridor talking over the phone like thief.she quickly hung up when she saw them before greeting them with wierd smile which non of them returned.

They met mama,mommy,jawahir and the twins seated in the main parlour they greeted them respectfully before moving to the guest parlour.

"Safeena go serve them much please"mummy said.

"Let's go and help her and allow them to gist they've been trying to send us away"jawahir stood up with feesah tagging a long mama swat her on her arm.

"Remember that I'm your mother and she's your inlaw not your friends"mama called after her and they all laughed.

"Don't mind her this is her way of saying I need to be with my hubby"mummy teased.

"Kaiiii mummy"she said hiding her face with her palms and the all laugh at her reaction.

They enter with a salam jawahur sat beside Muhammad as the twins serve the food with mubarak's eyes never leaving basma.

"Lower your gaze mister you're still non muharam"Muhammad said swatting mubark who was sitting beside him on the other sofa.

"I'll be in the next three weeks Insha Allah and then you don't get to be all violent towards me for looking at my wife"Mubarak retorted back.

"Whatever you still have to wait"Muhammad shrugged putting him arm around jawahir and pulling her closer. They ate in peace as Muhammad kept feeding jawahir every now and then.

Assalamualaikum ya jama'a
How are you all?
I hope you are all great masha Allah
Missed me?

I'm sorry i ought to be updating frequently due to this quarantine staying at home and all but ever heard of writers block guys it is real I have experience it but alhamdulillah I'm back now Insha Allah you'll much of me this days.

Guys,how are you all keeping up with this corona,I know it is not easy,with all the lock down,curfew and all some people are not handling it well I know that,even I as an introvert I am not enjoying it but alhamdulillah I believe this is a time for us to bond and associate with our family more it is not easy but we have to try people. It's a test from the almighty and Insha Allah we will pass it with flying colours we just need to keep Faith and keep praying we shall pass this by the Grace of Allah's.

I'll also like to advice those who do not take this covid-19 virus as anything my people it is real😭💔,people are losing thier lives some are losing thier family and friend,some are even on self isolation, the rate of this pandemic is growing higher each passing day,take Nigeria for example it hasn't been up to two months and now we're having over 200 cases💔. With this I urge you pray and take all safety precaution offered by the NCDC or any other medical sector, I don't want to loose any off you please stay at home and be safe. Thank you.

Hafsatou💖