Treacherous 35

"Il faut qu'on parle."

Jungkook quickly turned around before Lisa could even react. She didn't move. She felt her heart stopped. It took her a couple of seconds to snap out of it and quickly stood up on her feet. He was fuming. He saw them. And he misunderstood it, no doubt.

Shit.

"I h-have to go after him," Lisa stuttered and was about to run after Jungkook, when Jimin pulled her back. She looked at him with panicking eyes.

"Jimin I have to go!"

"Will you be okay?" Jimin asked her worriedly, realizing what can happen if he let her go. "He wouldn't hur—"

"No," Lisa cut him off.

"Let me come with you," Jimin suggested.

"No," Lisa protested immediately once again, knowing Jungkook might misunderstand it further. "You can't come. He doesn't know we're friends. I'll handle him."

"But I—"

"No Jimin," Lisa said with finality, giving no more room for arguments. "I can do it."

"Call me when something goes wrong," Jimin said in defeat. She saw how he wanted to go with her. She knew he's being protective but going with her will only make things worse. She's in a difficult position.

The moment Jimin let go of her hand, she rapidly went back to the resort. She doesn't know where he went. Her head turned left and right, desperately trying to spot him.

She went back to the suite, hoping he's there. But when she arrived, it was empty. No sign of Jungkook. She caught her lower lip between her teeth, her expression anything but calm. She tried to call his phone but received no answer. She went down the lobby again.

Her heart was beating rapidly and loudly against her chest. Where could he be?

She thought that the moment she saw Jungkook staring directly at them with fiery eyes, he'll come straight to confront them. But he didn't.

He just... walked away.

And that action seemed to be... a scarier response.

She sat down on one of the couch in the lobby. She was about to dial Jungkook's number again when her eyes caught Chaeyoung getting out of the resort's service van. She has arrived.

Chaeyoung immediately spotted her as soon as the girl entered the lobby. With a bright smile, Chae quickly went to Lisa.

For a moment, Lisa forgot about her thoughts about Jungkook when her best friend hugged her tight as though they haven't seen each other for years. The latter failed to notice the uneasiness etched on Lisa's face.

"Oh my God! It's so beautiful here!" Chaeyoung squealed as she looked around.

"Yeah," Lisa replied and tried to mirror her friend's smile. But she couldn't.

"I'm sure I'm gonna enjoy here! Finally, I can relax!" Her raven-haired friend giggled. Lisa felt guilty. Here's another thing. Can Chae really relax with Jimin around? She has to tell her soon. But right now, she wants Chae to settle in her hotel room first before she break the news to her.

"Let's get you checked in," Was what she said instead. Once checked in and they got the room keycards, they went to the elevator. Chae pressed the up button.

She looked at her phone again, Jungkook's phone number was on the screen.

"Hey, let's go." Her attention was pulled away from her phone when Chae ushered her inside the elevator.