Shopping cart

Chapter three: Shopping cart (Madison's POV)

I was currently looking for lunch to cook, however, just my luck, we had no food. Like literally no food. How did that even happen? "Nick!" I called out while running up to my room to grab my phone and keys. "I'm going grocery shopping," I peeked my head through his door. 

"I'll come," he shrugged, hopping off his bed and throwing on his slides. 

"Sure," I shrugged carelessly. 

"Where are you guys going?" Jacob asked, coming out of his room. 

"Grocery shopping," Nick replied. 

"Where's Julia?" I looked over the railing but her door was shut. 

"Still mad," Jacob huffed. 

I went downstairs and creaked her door open to see the lights off. She's probably taking a nap. I left a note on the counter before the three of us left. Nick decided to drive so I tossed my keys to him and we were off. We walked into the grocery store and Nick grabbed a shopping cart. 

"So what do we have to buy?" he asked. 

"Coffee, milk, some fruits, some snacks, some vegetables..." I trailed off. 

"Oh, so in other words, food?" Jacob teased.

I rolled my eyes before walking to the aisle with the snacks. Let's get the junk food out of the way. I picked out my share of junk and was waiting for the guys to pick theirs and they were just taking too damn long. "Guys hurry up!" I huffed while putting my phone in my back pocket. 

They weren't even looking at what they were putting in the basket, they just kept throwing things in there. I huffed before grabbing the cart and moving the stuff over before sitting in it. "That's it," I huffed. "No more junk. We still have the necessities to buy," I glared at the two. 

I knew it was a dangerous duo. 

I had a staring contest with Nick and he broke first so he sighed in defeat and pushed the car to the other aisles while I stayed seated in it. It was fun. Once we got there, I pointed to all the things we needed and they handed them to me. Nick's phone rang in the middle of it. 

"Hello?" he answered. And then he walked away. 

"Oh! Grab the ice cream!" I pointed to the freezer. 

"Which one?" Jacob chuckled. 

"Rocky road," I replied. 

He grabbed it and handed it to me. I was still sitting in the cart and he put the tub down before leaning his arms on the handle, leaning in really close to me. 

I looked him up and down, my gaze not wavering and then my eyes met his. "Your fly is open," I stated. 

He looked down in a panic but it truly wasn't. I just wanted to taunt him. He rolled his eyes and looked at me. "You're gonna regret doing that," he said in a low voice. 

"Hmm, am I?" I lifted an eyebrow at him. 

He leaned in dangerously close and something in me didn't let me pull back. I probably froze not knowing how to react. "You bet," he whispered. We finished grabbing everything else while Nick was on the phone and he began spinning the cart and pushing it around to pass time. 

After a while, we went to the counter where Nick came in. We all paid for our things, splitting the necessities equally before heading back home. "Where the hell were you?" Julia stood up angrily.