Day 13: First Connection Balt

In the boy's dormitory of the Last City's second Orphanage a new player appeared in a flash of light. His name was Balt, he looked like a young man who had been slighly underfead for several months with chestnut colored spicky hair and dishiveled hair and clear green eyes. His face was estatic, after looking at his hand and moving his body for a while, he started walking out of the dormitory.
As he did another boy called for him and Balt whent towards him as he guessed this was when the game's playing system would be explained to him.

"Yes?"
"You look exited!"
"I am."
"Because of the Comming of age ceremony?"
"Sure... hey, can you tell me everything you know about that?"
"What, you forgot?"
"Just so i don't panick when the time comes, you know?"
"Right! Well, when an Orphan reaches fifteen summers like you and me, they have to undergo the Coming of Age Ceremony. In short they are presented to the city lord, they will have tontell them what their Basic Class will be and then choose a trainer..."
"Wait, tell me about the Basic Classes."
"Ok... There is eight Basic Class. The Crafters and Villagers are two of them, they stay in the city and its suroundings working as workers or farmers. Most of the food and items used in the dayly life is produced by them. Workers can specialise in a particular craft.
"The Beginer Class, tight?"
"Yes."
"Ok. next."
"Then comes the Artists, since art is a subjective thing there is a lot of ramification such as painters, potters, blowers, sculptor... Even merchants and architects are considered artists at a certai level! The foufth Basic Class is the Soldier Class: they work for the city after undergoing a tough training. Then there is the Mercenaries! Through short term contracts they are hired as escorts, guards or armed arm by particulars, mostly shop-keepers or Adventurers. The Adventurers are Peacefull people that concentrate od rediscovering the Ancient Covilisations and leave the cleansing to the Soldiers and Mercenaries. The seventh Basic Class is the Scolars. They are a wierd bunch..."
"How so?"
"Well, scholars stydy Magic which was left by the Dark Plague. Because they are always surounded by magic they eventually end up using it. Some people are unconfortable because of it while others see them as the next phase in human evolution thats to Pholien, our davior and founder."
"I see."
"Well, it takes years before one learns to use magic! Those that really should worry you are the Darcklings, they are trained since young in the art of pickpocketing, theft, eavesdropping and lockpicking! Many call them thiefs or Spies and want them gone but the truth is that they are needed durring Dungeon and Labirinth exploration so the Lord authorises them to be an official class."
"Does he make them spy on other cities?"
"... You! Did you drik Piltu? there is no other city than the Last City, hence its name! The Dark Plague destroyed the totality of our world and the survivors gathered here in an attempt to rebuilt their ancient civilisations!"
"Right, sorry. Continue about the Basic Class please."
"Pff! Fine. The class system is quite simple: Basic, Beginner, Intermediary, Veteran, Advanced and Mastered. Each time you want to change class you will undergo a training which will forge your body and mind to suit it. Once your Class is set you can get upgrades, which will increase the number of request you receive and the specificities of your class. To upgrade your Class you have to pass a Class Trial. That's about it i think!"
"I see. Thank you for the explanations. ...So, what now?"
"Now? You've got free time until supper. Wana do something?"
"Like what?"
"How about we sneek into the Girls dorm?"
"No thanks, i prefer to go out. I can, right?"
"Yeah! see you then!"

Balt starts walking around the Orphanage looking for the exit, he sees several other people sitting in class listening to an adult. Reconising the same standard clothes he wears, a short woolen cloth pants and tunic with dirt spots and holes, he decides to see what this is about.
Apparently they are learning the basics of the games alphabet, numerical alphabet and a bit of history. When one of the students leaves class he asks him why they are all here and he answers tht without learning about them it is impossible to read and that some NPCs speack in other languages. When he hears this, Balt decides to attend too.