debris

A/N- so uhhhh i was thinking about making a spotify playlist of all the songs i mention in this story but uhh idk whether people would be interested in that so like lemme know or summit idkkk uh yeah thanks, enjoy the chapter

the whole day went as slow as time would allow. i was already nervous as fuck to see Frank later. even though he hadn't called it a 'date' to me being asked out for 'dinner' with no one else around after you and that individual had kissed and become close is pretty much a date at this point, just saying.

as soon as the bells rang signifying the end of the day i threw my bag over my shoulders and scuttled out of the building doors and made my way towards my house to get ready. yes i didn't need to change my clothes or improve my appearance however going on a 'date' in what was technically your school uniform probably wasn't a good idea.

as soon as i had reached my front door i was already pulling the key out of the lock and practically throwing myself up the stairs. my feet stumbled as i gained my balance standing on the landing just outside my room. i threw my bag onto my bed and plopped myself down on it. now. the hardest decision to ever be made by a human. what the fuck do i wear. Frank had seen me in all sorts of states so it didn't really matter however did i wanna be comfy but look like a slob? or actually look nice but risk not being so comfy. i went with the latter option and decided i could put up with being physically uncomfortable for a few more hours if it meant looking nice for Frank. i pulled out my phone and opened up mine and franks messages
(you, frank)
i'm just getting changed and then i'll be over?
sounds perfect:) see you in a bit sweet cheeks
oh and frank?
yeah y/n?
please don't burn the house down before i arrive, ik what you're like cooking unsupervised ahah
shut up and get back to getting changed so i can see you quickerrrrrrr :(((

i put my phone down on my bedside table and walked over to my wardrobe. unlike most days i had to keep my binder on. okay. i didn't have to. but yanno. the whole looking good thing. i opened my wardrobe doors and eyes up all the dark fabric that hung over the railings. i picked out my red chequered trousers, a black and red While She Sleeps top and a camo jacket. i closed my closet doors and proceeded to get dressed. once the newly chosen clothes were covering my body i grabbed by doc martens, put them on and laced them up. i mean, what else do you do with shoes?

before leaving the house i grabbed my phone and earphones as usual and a packet of fags so i could chain smoke my anxiety away on the wall over to Franks. it wasn't too far of a walk only 15 minuets or so, so i mean that's a decent amount of music, fags and exercise. i walked down the stairs and out the door, And The Snakes Start To Sing by Bring Me The Horizon playing in my earphones and proceeded to make my way over to Franks.

TIME SKIP
it seemed like a whole eternity had passed by the time i'd reached Franks house but yet again that was probably just nerves. i hesitantly knocked on the door. within a few seconds the door flew open and presented me with a somewhat stressed some what sweaty Frank Iero. "hey y/n" he said breathlessly, "your just in fine dinner'll be done in about five minuets"
"sounds good" i said timidly, passing through the door frame into the iero household. their house wasn't big but it wasn't toby either, a perfect size for a mum and her son. i sat down on the sofa, in front of the tv admiring Franks choice of movie to put on (Silence of the Lambs to be precise). before i knew it Frank was handing me a tray which had both a bowl of fettuccine alfredo on and a small plate of garlic bread. i swear if this bitch doesn't ask me out after this whoever snatches him up is lucky. i mean. fit and can cook? best combination ever.

Franks POV
i always found it kind of hilarious the way y/n's face would light up whenever he saw some of his favourite foods, pasta being one of those. his smile would extend all across his face and his eyes would just double in size. i couldn't tell whether he was more engrossed in the food than the film. "i've got some more left over if you want seconds" i smiles at him sympathetically. "huh?" he turned to face me, pasta hanging out of his mouth and a spec of sauce that had some how managed to make its way onto his nose.  "i said i've got some more pasta left over if you want some more once you've finished"
"oh right yeah uh thanks" he blushed that same peachy blush he always did. "i was thinking, if you wanted to, we could watch a few more films after this before i take you home if you wanted?"
"yeah that'd be nice Frankie" he smiled. god. that fucking smile. not to be soppy or cringe or disgusting but y/n is honestly one of the most beautiful and perfect people i have ever met before. i'm kind of regretting not actually saying the word 'date' when i asked him round earlier but i guess i just didn't want to put any pressure on him to agree or disagree.

TIME SKIP (still Frank's POV)
it had just turned 10pm by the time i had dropped y/n home. by the way he was snuggled up on my chest and tracing the tattoos on my fingers i knew he was about to fall asleep and however much i wouldn't have minded him sleeping over, i still would've had to wake him up to take him upstairs. "thanks for tonight Frankie it was really nice, especially the part where you didn't burn the house down" y/n giggled and looked down and his feet
"i would say i'll see you in the morning but we'll you're a lucky twat and get to sleep in so i'll see you whenever yeah?"
"that's a date" oh. my. god. did y/n just ask me on a date? nah. okay Frank play it cool. don't freak out whatever you do. "yeah" i chuckled and looked down at the floor as well. before i could speak again i placed my hands on his waist and a small kiss on his cheek. "night y/n"
"night frankie". i turned and watched as he made his way inside his house. tonight has been fucking great.

~

🍄🌸 don't forget to comment and vote! all interactions are very very appreciated! 🌸🍄