「Chapter Fourty Eight」

「quick note: the reader's birthday will be set in late march for all of you not being able to celebrate your birthday to the fullest this time. which also makes the reader about a month older than katsuki <: and since the class is going to the training camp, then it should be june, meaning reader and katsuki are 15? 16? help me out.. enjoy!」

Y/n knocked on her mother's door and entered, "Hey, Mom.."

"Hi honey, what're you still doing up?"

Y/n sat at the edge of the bed, "Can I talk to you about something?"

"Sure, what is it?" Kôzuke sat up against the pillows.

Y/n started to twiddle her thumbs, "Do you.. Do you have the Curse?"

Kôzuke froze, "Why do you ask?"

"I know that you and.. Dad.. thought I didn't have it, but I do. And so did Kana." Y/n looked at her mother to see if she would say anything, but she didn't, so she continued, "The Curse is passed through the mothers to the daughters. Kana and I don't share the same mom.. And her real mother is your sister, right? And you clearly know about since you asked why I mentioned it."

"Where did you get all this information from?"

"From our ancestors. They're always bothering me and messing up things. But Mom.. do you have the Curse?"

"Well, technically yes, I do, but I don't have the Golden Touch. I can only talk to the ancestors. Your grandfather was Quirkless, so the gene got messed up and I only got the half of the Curse."

"Your eyes don't turn gold or anything..?"

"Nope, no extra power. I didn't know you had it until I watched you at the Sports Festival for your school. Kana used to tell us about you having it, but we always doubted it."

"Do you know what Kana's Golden Touch was?" Y/n shifted.

Kôzuke hesitated, "It was some form of Telepathy."

"Telepathy?" Y/n's eyes widened.

She nodded, "I used to think that was why your father was so mean towards you, because Kana was convincing him or something."

"I don't know." Y/n paused, "Kana's been talking to me too."

"What?!" Kôzuke's jaw dropped, "Has she been hurting you, or doing anything bad?"

"Not really, she's actually been.. helping me." Y/n sighed, "Mom, you haven't been around a lot. We never get to talk about the important things, it's almost like you avoid them." She stood up, "I mean after Kana died, you never mentioned her. You tore apart her room and everything- and what about Dad?"

"What about him?"

"I can't even remember his face and he left eight years ago, Mom!" Y/n's voice started to choke as a sudden rush of emotions hit her, "Do you know how hard it is to see people's families be happy and complete? I know that Dad was a terrible person to me, but to Kana he was loving and caring.. What happened? Why did he hate me so much? Why did you have to meet him and how?"

"Your father was just.. very troubled. I met him when I was being attacked.. and he saved me, despite how brutal it was.."

"What's his name? His Quirk?"

Kôzuke sighed, "Y/n I can't talk about this anymore, go to bed, okay?"

Y/n clenched her fists, "I'm going to spend the night at Katsuki's."

"What-?! Y/n, no!"

Y/n shut the door and went to her room and packed her things and left.

. . .

Y/n rang the doorbell as she let out a deep breath.

Masaru answered the door, "Oh, evening L/n! Katsuki didn't tell us you'd be coming over."

Y/n looked to the side, "I guess I came a bit unannounced-"

"DAMN IT KATSUKI GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR CHORES, YOU HEAR ME?!"

"I got it, you hag!"

"HEY!"

Masaru turned towards them, "Calm down..! Katsuki can take care of his chores later, we-"

"Say what?!" Mitsuki came rushing to him, "That boy needs to- Oh! Hey L/n! Sorry, I didn't know you were here..!"

Katsuki yelled from upstairs, "Who's here?!"

"Here, come on in." Mitsuki obviously felt a little embarrassed about being so hot tempered in front of Y/n, "I can't believe what happened today at the mall."

"Yeah, it was kinda crazy.. Sorry if I barged in at the wrong time." Y/n gave a small stifle.

"Oh, don't worry about it! Did you eat dinner? We have some leftovers if you want."

"No, it's okay, but thank you." Y/n ignored her empty stomach.

"Oi.. What the hell is going on- Y/n? Alright! Finally a fun night!" Katsuki grinned at Y/n's appearance and ran down the stairs, "What're you doing here? You didn't call or nothin'."

"Yeah, usually Kôzuke will tell us you're coming over." Mitsuki tilted her head.

Y/n rubbed the back of her neck and smiled, "I.. I guess I just wanted to be around Katsuki."

Masaru and Mitsuki looked at each other with happy expressions while Katsuki became flustered.

"What is that supposed to mean-?!" Katsuki's face turned red.

"Go on upstairs, you two! You guys have tomorrow off too, so stay as long as you want, L/n!" Mitsuki pushed the two friends towards the stairs.

"Thank you..!" Y/n smiled as Katsuki and Y/n went to his room.

She looked at him, his bangs were tied up and he was already in pajamas, "How cute. Going to bed at a decent time."

He smirked, "Yeah well I don't have to cram my studies like you do."

Y/n gasped, "Okay smartass!" She laughed.

"Wait.." Katsuki looked away, "You came over.. to be with me?"

"Yeah! Why else would I be here?" Y/n set her bag down by his bed and put up her hair.

Katsuki smiled and wiped his face, flustered and rather flattered by her comment.

She smirked at him, "What's with the reaction, huh?"

"Shut up!"

Y/n bent down and turned on his gaming system, "I brought Epic Smash Bros. It's multiplayer.." She shook the remote in his face, "Wanna play~?"

He took the remote as he climbed onto his bed, Y/n following his action, "Yeah, alright."

Y/n smiled at him, "Thanks for being here with me Katsuki." She leaned her head on his shoulder, causing him to flinch.

"Yeah.. No problem, dumbass.." A small smile formed on his face as he eased into her touch.