Chapter 70: Rewarded

(Y/n) woke up to loud shouting coming from downstairs, an argument that seemed to be quite heated, especially being the first thing in the morning. The girl opened her eyes to find a uniform on her bed, a red plaid design on it with small gold details. She figured it was Shota's contribution to her wardrobe, and slipped it on, finding it hugged her tighter than the other clothes did. She stepped out of the room to see Shota sitting in front of her room, reading a play of sorts. The boy looked up at her and traced her figure with his eyes, his smirk growing as he did so.

In response, the girl turned slightly away from him and put her arms over her chest, feeling violated. He had just undressed her with his eyes, after all. It was only fair. He let out a weak chuckle at her action and took her hand, placing a light kiss in her palm as a form of greeting. He then stood up and escorted her downstairs where the arguing was still continuing. Curious, the girl walked a little faster to see what was happening and who was involved.

"You can't take it away! I own it!" Haru said, fighting with Rei over his game console.

"It's your own fault for kissing (Y/n)! I can't believe you were the first one to touch those soft...soft lips of hers," the blonde said, getting lost in his mind at picturing doing the same to the girl, letting out a few light hums at the thought.

"Perv," Yamato scolded, smacking the male's head with a plate, shattering it in the process, "Well, shit."

Akari sighed, sweeping up the pieces and placing them in the trash can while the brunette sat down on the couch, the dogs joining him. Masaru was the only one to sit on the couch next to him, and although Kiana tried, she wasn't able to get up fully. So, to make up for it, Yamato sat on the ground and began petting her, giving her plenty of attention. The husky barked in response, licking the boy's hand any chance she got.

When the brunette noticed (Y/n), he waved her over, reached into his pocket, and pulled out a bag of treats. The girl sat on the couch, watching as he clicked his tongue, Kiana sitting down obediently. He fed her the treat, and she wagged her tail excitedly, gobbling it up without a second thought. The brunette clicked his time again, this time, in a different urgency, and the dog laid down. He stood up and walked to the other side of the room, and when he snapped his fingers, the husky rushed over to him. She was fed yet another treat.

"Wow, you did it," (Y/n) said, surprised, "She's so stubborn, too. Well done."

" 'Course I did," the boy said, proudly, ruffling Kiana's belly, "Not too big of a deal. I love dogs anyway. I could teach you if you want."

There was a doorbell ringing through the house, and the girl raised her eyebrow, directing her attention to the front door. Yamato, disappointed, gave a small grumble, wanting her attention to be focused on him for a bit longer. He still hadn't figured out what he felt for the female, racking it in his mind time and time again, but without a result. So he watched as she peeked around the corner, trying to discern who it was. While he was scared she might make a run for it, he held himself back but he was fully prepared to dash after her should she get the stupid idea in her head.

Two girls and Yusei stepped into the room, one of them a woman with light pink hair and golden eyes, dressed in a formal white dress. She held a bag with journals and pens within it, and curtsied to Shota who invited her in. (Y/n)'s eyes widened when she recognized the other girl; Yui. The dirty-blonde girl cowered and bowed to Shota, her body visibly trembling. The redhead only looked down at her with disinterest, and then looked to (Y/n), giving her a soft smile.

"Go ahead and catch up with her in your room," the redhead said, chuckling gently, "I'll bring up breakfast for you in a bit. I just need to have a chat with your tutor."