Important Author's Note

Hi all, I haven't made an update for almost 2 years. But with all that is going on, I've wanted to continue with writing fanfiction because it gives me something to do through this hard time. Instead of getting the "plz update" comments, I want actual feedback. There is a surprise for readers that want more content. I'll give you a hint:

I have written an updated version, starting from the beginning of Harper and Klaus' story.

But first, let me share my thought processes with creating Harper's character since she holds such a warm place in my heart. When I began writing this story I had seen many stories using the trope of Elena Gilbert's twin. I wanted something that had a real sibling connection and didn't have the strange co-dependency that many TVD writers used while using this trope.

I wanted Harper to be strong and powerful in her own right. 

In The Originals, Hope's parents Hayley and Klaus died through their sacrifice to save Hope's life from the Hollow. I wanted my version to be that Elijah died at the end instead of Klaus, as the original script had. Then Hayley died as she did. Harper and Klaus would live on to raise Eden in Mystic Falls. Harper would've taught the only other Feeler at the school and Klaus would've been like a glorified security guard. 

Eden would've been different than the Hope Mikaelson that we know and love. It does make me sad that I couldn't explore this character more when she would've grown up. She would've looked more like Harper, but with blonde hair like Klaus. She would've been the tribrid but her vampire side would be triggered along with being a witch first, before triggering her werewolf gene.

However, since I'm not continuing with this version of the story (think of this as the first draft) the other version of the story I'm writing will not be this way. 

I will keep this story published, but will begin publishing the new story, The Perceptive Type.

Thank you all for being apart of this story and reading it for as long as you did.

Love you and see you soon.

- M