3.7

THIRTY-SEVEN.
all because of him

▪︎▪︎▪︎

About Five Years Ago...

▪︎▪︎▪︎

'Where is he..?'

I took very quiet and careful steps forward, making sure not to make a sound. I firmly held onto my lightsaber's hilt to the point where my knuckles turned white. My breathing was stable, but it felt as though my heart was beating out of my chest.

I cautiously walked through the DS-2 Death Star's halls; aware of all my surroundings. That's when I heard stormtroopers approaching the area. I quickly hid behind a wall, hoping that they wouldn't notice me as I deactivated my lightsaber. But, unfortunately, they saw me.

"Trespasser! Drop your weapon and put your hands in the air..!"

I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose, turning to face the troopers. In one swift movement, I waved my hand towards their helmets. I stared at them, "You do not need me."

Almost immediately, the stormtroopers replied in unison, ".. We do not need you."

"I can go on my way, and you'll leave me be."

"You can go on your way, and we'll leave you be." The stormtroopers said, marching away in a straight line. I sighed once again in relief, wiping the sweat off my forehead.

Suddenly, I felt someone's firm hand grab a hold of my wrist. I gasped and my eyes widened. I turned around sharply and faced the person behind me. He was just the man I was looking for..

Derek.

"That was quite the show," He whispered in my ear. "Too bad I have to cut it short."

Before I could protest and fight, he placed his free hand over my mouth as he shook his head in disapproval. I struggled to get out of his strong grasp. He began to drag me out of the halls and into his division.. away from the prying eyes of the officers walking by.

The hatch to the room closed as he finally let go and threw me onto the ground. I glared, holding on to my lightsaber and activating its bright and dangerous blue light. Derek stared at me before clicking his tongue in disappointment.

"You really have changed, Adalyn. Stronger, I may say," He smirked, taking out his own lightsaber. The red light illuminated out of its hilt. "Maybe even more.. cold-blooded."

"I can say the same about you." I scoffed, getting off of the ground and getting into a defensive position. My eyes suddenly filled with sadness, "What happened to you? Why are you like this--?"

"Haven't I made it obvious?" He laughed, hiding the pain in his voice. He watched as I shuffled around on my feet through the silence. He raised an eyebrow, "So you really don't know?"

I clenched my teeth, "Don't--"

"I guess I need to remind you then," He scowled, inching towards me. "You abandoned me; everyone did! But Lord Palpatine was there to snap me back to reality. He told me everything. I should've known the Jedi were evil--"