Light

I sighed in relief as I put the last box that contain my things down. Lifting up my arms above my head and stretching out my back. Carrying fifteen boxes up three flights of stairs just to end up in a smelly one-bedroom apartment does a real number on your body, but I got to do what I got to do. I had to move from my three-bedroom family home from the Crystal Vally to the small town of Rockavilla.

See what had happened was that I used to work at a great private hospital that only had patients who worked for the mob or some sort of gang, however, I did not know that at the time. One patient became obsessed with me and started following me everywhere. He attacked me one day near work, luckily there was a cop around the corner that heard me scream and he ran when the cop came to help. Later I that he is the son of a Mob boss. Next thing I know there is a bounty on my head to bring me in as the guys wife. Apparently, the boss's son liked me some much that he didn't want anyone else for his wife. So, I ran.

So that's how I ended up here, in this smelly, cheap rent, lousy apartment. I have to get the apartment ready today. I have to go to my new job at the local clinic tomorrow, thanks to my best friend and old boss. My new boss is Dr. Dominic Davis, my friend said that he owed her a favor so she cashed in and got me this job, that is under the table so my name cannot be traced. My friend told me that he is a nice guy and a great doctor so I will be ok.

I looked around in the living room at all the boxes and played pick a box pick a box for thirty minutes before I picked the boxes for the bedroom. I grabbed the first two boxes and headed to the bedroom to start unpacking. I did not get to pack much of my stuff, for I was in a rush to get out of town. I pack the most needed such as clothing, bathroom needs, books, and a few kitchen supplies.

After unpacking the last box in the kitchen, I stood there in relief. Now I need to get food. It is a good thing that I had a great paying job, I got to save a lot of money for a rainy day and boy is it pouring down on me lately. I headed over to my purse that is sitting on the counter and checked my wallet for the money I withdrew before closing my bank account. First thing I did was count out two hundred for the store. I took the rest of it and put it in a shopping bag before putting it in my freezer, I will move it later. I grabbed my purse and head out the door to the store that is down and around the corner.

I arrived at the store and found a bunch of motorcycles parked outside of the store. I sucked in a deep breath and steadied myself for what is to come.  Grabbing a cart, I headed inside and saw a tone of bikers walking around the aisle with carts full of junk food, meat, and beer. I giggled to myself, they must be having a party. I grab a cart and head down the bread aisle. After grabbing two loafs of butter milk flavored bread, I head for the next aisle for some crackers and popcorn. At the end of the aisle, in front of the crackers were two beautiful, young women. One was standing tall with a new born baby in her arms, from the looks of it. The second one was much shorter, even shorter than me. They both seemed to be looking for something but cannot seem to find it.

I walked up to them and cleared my throat for they were blocking the way to the crackers I want. The one with the baby seamed that she didn't hear me but the other woman turned and smiled at me. "I am sorry" She said and moved over but continue to look at the crackers. "What are you looking for if I may ask?" I asked her as I grabbed a box of crackers. "I looking for some salt crackers. I have a bit of an upset tummy." She replied. "I saw them in the front of the store over by the check-out stands on display with the tomato soups." "Thank you some much. By the way my names are Katie and this is my friend Cece." Katie said as Cece turned around. I guess to see who Katie was talking to. That is when I got a sight of the cutest baby I have ever seen and nothing could stop me from cooing over the young baby in the blue blanket. "And who might this good-looking young man be?" I asked as the baby blinks up at me and smiles. "This is Michael." Cece says and smiles down at her baby boy. "He is the most precious things I have ever seen. Oh, and my name is Lucia. It is nice to meet you both. I just moved here and I am glad to meet at least two nice people on my first day here." I said and we all giggled together.