Chapter 24 |The much awaited reunion|

It was after a couple seconds that the gate opened. Her sister stood there smiling at her. She signaled her to come inside and wrapped her in a hug.

"Don't be nervous baby. It's all gonna be ok. Mein hoon na teray saath." She assured her. (I'm right beside you)

She kissed her temple and lead her inside.

Khushi was shaking like a leaf. Inhaling a deep breath in she opened her closed eyes and saw the family sitting inside the enormous living room. Big bright smiles adorning their faces. She almost forgot to exhale for a minute which caused her to choke on her breath.

"Oh my God Khushi, stop being so dramatic now. It's not like they are gonna eat you." Payal hissed, annoyed.

She took a look at herself again. She had decided to keep it simple and casual by pairing a white tie neck frill trim mermaid top which she tucked inside her tight high waist blue denim jeans, which hugged her figure and emphasized it beautifully. Her neck adorned of a thin multi layered gold necklace. The three piercings in her lower earlobes consisted of small hoop rings in gold, which gave her a rebellious yet young look. She went for the classy white Louboutins for her feet.

Satisfied with her well put together form, she decided to lift her gaze and walk inside.

Everyone's eyes transferred to the girls walking inside. Their mouths parted, the loud gasps followed.

She stood there with an awkward smile.

"Namaste." She said calmly, by folding her hands, greeting them traditionally, still with the awkward smile that supported her face.

Before she could say anything else, she was crushed by Nani. The old women held her tight in her warm embrace. She felt everyone else caress her long hair.

Don't ruin my perfectly straitened hair, she thought annoyed.

Everyone chanted her name like a prayer, with Nani caressing her face.

"Bitya aap aa gayi." Said Nani delighted. (Khushi you came.)

Khushi who hadn't seen Nani from a long time, genuinely felt happy upon meeting her after so long. The women had done everything to make things less awkward and that made her happy.

She wrapped her arms tighter around her form and hugged her. Nani kept telling her how happy she was to have her here.

She shifted her gaze to the others. There was Anjali, Mama, Mami and Akash present. Where was he? The sudden question upset her abruptly.

"Nani ji yeh aik chota sa taufa meri taraf se." She handed over the expensive bouquet of flowers to her. (Nani this is a small gift from me.)

The old women went on whining about how that wasn't needed and that it was enough for them that she showed up.

Khaali haath toh nahi aa sakti thi mein ab, she thought, rolling her eyes inwardly. (I couldn't just show up without a present.)

Before she could think longer she was enveloped in a hug by Anjali. It was so unexpected that she found not even a second to digest the fact that Anjali was hugging her.

The women clearly lost her raging 'pregnancy hormones' which was visible. Khushi remained oblivious to the fact of greeting her, she had no idea how to communicate with her, what to say?

She opened her mouth to say the formal words she had just made up in her mind.

"Kaisi hain aap?" She asked the women, leaving the 'Anjaliji' out. She had decided to converse with everyone by using only the endearment 'aap' (You). It would save her from feeling weird, and maintaining unwanted relations.