𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓶 III

I didn't waste any time and searched for Jed on the crowd. I felt like something's wrong. The way he stopped singing, midway, before the second verse doesn't seem like a plan to me.

The place was huge. Neon lights are everywhere, it's flashing every second and the sea of people just keep on getting bigger and bigger that I got squished in the middle.

Finally, on the bar counter, I saw him tipping the bartender. I intended to go towards that direction but then Chesca pulled me by the arms.

The thought of Jed suddenly escaped my thoughts. I faced the very excited Chesca. She locked me in a hug.

"You just came?"
The music was so loud, booming Cannibal by Ke$ha.

I had to scrunch my nose and squeeze nearer her so that we may have a conversation.
"Yeah! Something came up!"

My eyes narrowed and went to the bouquet of roses on her table. I snickered then looked at her teasingly.
She traced where my eyes were from and rolled her eyes while an obvious smile was tugging her lips.

"I saw Jeno's little surprise for you earlier."

"I know right, he suddenly blindfolded me!" My brows knotted in confusion, not being reminded that happened or remembering I witnessed that.

"No, I mean when he went up the stage and sang 'Tonight' then Jed went down." She fell in a thinking state and then she looked enlightened.

"No, that wasn't plannned. Jed is not in the mood since before the set starts. You know he performs usually 7 songs right?"

"6. He performs 6 at most." I said out of impulse. With the thought that because I'm always at his gigs I remember even the littlest details about him.

"Okay, Ms. Number 1 fan. Yeah well anyways since earlier he didn't sing, that song 'Tonight' was supposed to be the last, and he doesn't really want to perform for whatever reason, but they managed to drag him towards the stage and yeah, that happened."
She explained while sipping on her juice mix.

I was clouded with thoughts. I never missed any of his gigs, as in any. Although he never glances my way, sometimes maybe just accidentally.. it's a big satisfaction for me to see him perform. To see him in his habitat.

"Speaking of Jed, where is that kid?"
With the sudden mention, my head snapped toward the bar counter, immediately remembering he was there.

I tried squinting my eyes to get a better look, but nothing. He's not there.

"I know you're worried, Cy. But let him be, he knows what he's doing."
I sighed and nodded. The thought of J still bugging my head.

"I will just go to the restroom."
Ches nodded and went back to conversing with Jeno.

As I pushed myself towards the crowd of people, with a little hint of disgust because of the nauseating smell, I started feeling a little dizzy. I haven't even drank anything.

"Lucy!"
A familiar voice called out. It was Luke. He pushed his way in towards me with a glass on a hand. The music was still blasting and everyone's not even on their peak energy.

Luke beamed at me, he's always the smiley one.. I smiled back in return. Ironic how close I am towards the band members of GEUX but not with their youngest.

"I thought you won't come tonight!" Luke is very laid back, the type of person that is compatible with everyone. He's a social butterfly.

"No I was just late."
He took a sip on his blue drink and kind of grimaced.

"I knew it. You won't miss any of our gigs." He giggled a little. I laughed too, it's really funny, I became their avid fan at first of course because of Jed but as time goes by, I realized I really loved their music, everything they do is pleasing to me.

He suddenly coughed after drinking another gulp. "This shit tastes like a glimpse of hell. How could Jed drink a bottle?"

My ears perked up, Jed? Drinking hard drinks on a gig? Now that's new.
"Huh?"

"He's drinking at the second floor, the boy isn't in the mood. I don't know why."

Rather than curiosity, I was filled with worry. Why is he drinking his heart out? Does this have something to do with his sudden retreat earlier at the stage?

"Anyways Lus, I have to head out now." He even pointed at the dance floor with a smile.

"Yeah yeah Luke, enjoy your night, the set earlier was great!" He winked as a response and just like that, gone like a bubble.

I puffed my cheeks in frustration, I feel like I need to see Jed. A little voice in my mind tells me, however, that I just miss his presence and voice.

I ran my way upstairs, the bar is literally huge, I won't be shocked if I get lost especially there are swarms of people. It's a good thing though that I know most of them since maybe half of the population here are fans of GEUX.

The second floor was filled with rather a disgusting sight. Since it's dark in here, and kinda 'hidden', you know what environment I'm seeing right now.

After a swift scan, I realized he isn't in here. I went down again and didn't got a glance of him. I sighed, he must've went home already.

The intoxicating smell inside is already creeping on me so I decided to take a breath and go outside for some fresh air.

Once I stepped out, it's like my lungs were relieved. I almost forgot how oxygen feels like.

I strolled a little but was stopped on my tracks when I heard strums of guitar and a humming voice.

I laughed. Silently. Slowly. It's crazy how I know who that person is.
I made my way towards the slurry voice and found Jed by the gutter, 3 bottles of that blue drink that Luke described as hell, a guitar, and a seemingly lost Jan Derrick.

Almost instantly, his eyes flew on my direction, a glint of familiarity passed by his orbs, as if he was expecting me? No, don't make a fool out of yourself Lucy.

"Lucia."
My heart thumped.

Like my heart was about to burst out of my ribcage, it's raging, it won't stop, it just gets faster.

I can't seem to comprehend because it is the first time he called me by my name. By my whole name.

"Me?" Of course I had to be an idiot and act like there are other people in here beside.. us two.

He didn't responded. He just kept staring at me. Wait. STARING?

My face suddenly heated up like a pot of stew. I just realized this is probably the longest, no the first time even that he looked at me, directly!
"Listen to my song."

I was still froze on the spot, it looks like he couldn't care less.
"If love's a movie, why doesn't it end?
I'm a coward, a goner, honey are you upset?
If I try to reach out, will you give me your hands?"

He strummed his hands, his voice groggy, but still the best thing I'd ever listen to. He looks sad, and god knows how I want to wipe those pain away.

"Touch me darling, once again,
You're that familiarity
That is missing on my veins."

He stopped singing and then looked at me. "Is it good?"

I was taken aback, I didn't expect him to actually start a conversation.
"It's the best. As always."

"So how about my other songs? Worse?"

"No!" I suddenly bursted. I pouted, how dare he ask me, a super fan, if his songs are any bad.

"Crazy." He stood up, patted my head and then left me on that dark corner. I don't have the time to comprehend what the fuck just happened.

"Come inside or go home, Lucia." Just as I thought he left, he actually stopped on his tracks to tell me that.

I just had a decent conversation with Jed, didn't I?