To lose you- XLI

Hello Dear Readers,
New title to novel and new cover have been updated! There is a chapter below this author note as well!

Since this novel is resuming again, I thought I would give a synopsis of the story line so far to help everyone remember what is going on and where you have left off.

Main Characters:

Alys Westbrook, pale blonde hair, blue eyed, wallflower with a hidden ability to create breathtaking and otherworldly art. She has a tick and PTSD Tourette that she struggles with- hidden behind forgettable eyes.

Hayden Donavan, light brown hair, handsome, grey cold eyes. Mr. Popular who secretly hates the people around him and has manipulated and abused his power.

Karri Hendricks, Alys' best friend, green eyes with medium length broth hair. She knows Alys' past and understands Alys' Tourette/Mental illness.

Tim Anderson, dark blonde hair and green eyes, the son of the Mayor, and Karri's close middle school friend. Pretty close friend to Alys now. His Father dated Alys' mother their freshman year for a few months.

Doctor Matilda Augustine, State ordered Doctor with Child Services who checks in on Alys every few months. Augustine doesn't trust Alys and Alys doesn't trust Augustine. Alys desperately tries to pretend she doesn't struggle with her tick anymore.

Doctor Hathaway, Alys' personal physiatrist who has helped Alys with her issues, more understanding and protective of Alys than Dr. Augustine.

.....

Story key points:

Alys Westbrook has two mindsets; one of her own and one that belongs to a shadow of a Tourette that haunts her every day life. Her demon. She draws compulsively, otherworldly, but without letting anyone know. Only Karri, her mother, and the doctors in her life know of this disorder.

Karri makes a poster for their school, editing a real outlandish one, and insulted and humiliated a few of the school's popular but malicious girls; Shannon, Ashly, Maggie, and a few others. This was done intentionally, to shame them from their own prank they wanted to pull on other students during graduation in a few months. Unforeseeably, it was too humorous and the posters went viral. Where the initial intention was to call the girls out, it became a full-on running joke the whole school escalated and took part in. More posters were made, songs sung, and the damage grew.

Shannon decides to make a deal with Mr. Jackson, a teacher at their school who was suspected of being a pedophile, but with no proof. Alys and Karri stumbled upon Shannon, having just finished giving this teacher a blowjob, begging him to hold up his end of the bargain and ruin the life of who ever made the posters.

When Karri is revealed for being the creator of the posters, Alys tries to take the fall for it. It doesn't work, Karri is still held accountable, but Alys also faces repercussions and is suspended for three days. While she is gone, Mr. Jackson found the loop hole that would ruin Karri's life (no bodily harm per school handbook) and passed this info onto the girls from the posters. After those girls faked suicide attempts, Karri is arrested under pressure of the students and parents. She is expelled.

Alys returns to school to find this. Alys threatens Mr. Jackson- demanding he help Karri in anyway he can or else she should reveal him for what he did with Shannon (Alys already is going to do this later, but she is not telling him that).

Mr. Jackson holds up his end of the bargain, horrified and angry, but listens none the less. While most the school had witnessed the fake suicide attempts, had seen it was all for show and not real, no one steps forward or helps clear Karri's name. Only Mr. Jackson, by threats of Alys, convinces the principle (under anonymity of course), that he witnessed the girls planning this beforehand.