Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Derrick’s POV

‘Okay…so why aren’t you happy?  That’s great news.’ I told her.

I noticed her change in posture and knew I was to close to her.  I went back to “my” chair and sat back down.  I saw her body relax once I was in the chair.

‘Angela, why aren’t you happy?’

‘It’s nothing.’ She said shaking her head.

‘Tell me…please.’

She looked at me for a few seconds, like she was deciding whether to tell me or not.  I saw her take a deep breath.

‘It’s…I…I just don’t know where to go.’ She finished saying.

‘You could go stay with your folks?’ I asked but the look I got back answered my question.

‘Okay, but…you’re going to have to talk to them eventually.  You know that, right?’ I asked her.

‘I know they Now want to talk, that they Now want to listen.  I don’t.  Derrick…you is one thing.  They…they’re my parents.  How could they not wonder for 5 years, not think and not look? They’re my parents, and they just assumed like everyone else that I didn’t want to talk to them?  Before that, I talked to them a few times a week, and to go too never talking to them?  Didn’t they think it was odd, strange or ask questions?  I was just…nothing.  So, yeah I know one day I’ll have to talk to them.  Is now the time, or next week or next month…no.’ she said.

‘Okay, so…you won’t be staying there.’ I stated.

‘Do I still have money in my bank account?’ she asked me.

‘Um.  Honestly, I don’t know.  I gave the information I had of pretty much everything of yours to your parents, we weren’t married so it wasn’t mine and I figured they’d have more chance of talking to you than me.’ I answered her.

‘But they never told you what they did with it…like over the years or something?’ she asked.

‘A few months after…I stopped talking with your family and our friends.’ I said to her.

‘Everyone?’ she asked and I just looked at the floor, nodding.

‘Oh.’ She said.

‘Well then, I guess hotels are out, cheap motels too.  I didn’t think…’ she said.

‘Didn’t think about?’ I asked.

‘Didn’t think it would be this hard.’ She answered.