Day 1: First Connection Propheus

In the boy's dormitory of the Last City's second Orphanage a new player appeared in a flash of light a few minutes after the lunch. His name was Propheus. In the real world he was a 71 yeaer old retreatee but in the virtual game world of Second Chance he was an energetic youth with short and straight black hair and broun eyes looking like he had been slighly underfead for several months.

After looking around for a while, he started running towards the door of the dormitory. As he slung the pannel open he surprised another boy that was about to come in.
Whithout hesitationg Propheus started a conversation. As it was the first minutes of Second Chances lunch he didn't want to waist a minute through the starting chater and asked for the way out of the Orphanage.

"Sorry for startling you. Where is the exit?"
"Go straight until the end of the corridor, turn left then right. Its the big black wooden door."
"Awesome thanks"

Propheus started running again. He liked running a lot and had a filling he wouldn't tire of it for a long time.
Once out in the city, he talked to the first person he saw. It was a middle aged women carrying a heavy basket of laundry.

"Scuse me, mam?"
"Yes?"
"Where could i find the training grounds?"
"That easy..."

She told her the way to go, but when she nearly dropped her luggage Propheus proposed to carry it for her. After profuselly thnking him she walked next to him and led him to the river where she knelt and started washing her clothes. As qhe did so she would someties hold her painfull back.
As an old man with rumatism in real lif Propheus cpuld only simpathise and he started helping her.
The work was simple but hard. Grab a piece of clothing, dipp it in the river, rub with a pine of oily soap, rup, rup, rup, dipp in the river to rince, wrung, wrung hard, wrung very hard and put back into the basket.
At the end of it his hands were red with pain, his fingers cold and his back in pain.

"Thank you boy, here for your efforts take this."

The old lady game him a pair of roman stuled sandals. He put them on immediatly. Much better now.

"Oh. One of my cloth drifted away!"

A meter away from the bank, a piece of cloth had been struck on a branch. With no hesitation he walked in to get it back. Unexpectedly he walked on a slippery soil and fell into the water.

Since he did not learn jow to swim in game he drowned.

[you have died.
Due to the manner of the death you will not be allowed to play for 00:00:05
Dur to the manner of death you will be revived at Orphanage.]

Five seconds later he was standing frpm a bed at the Orphanage. Drenshed.

He ran put to the river and found the woman still waiting for her cloth.
He tried again and this time managed to get to it without slipping or drowning. However he had to take the whole branch with him as the cloth was wriggled complicatedly on it.

Back on the ground he jndid the nots and gave it back to the lady. As a reward she informed hom that selling the branch to a wood workshop could get him some money and pointed him to the one her husband used for his weapon (he was a soldier).

He followed her advice and got ten Brass coins out of it. After that he ran to the training ground and talked to a man wearind a sword and shield with the letters LCG on it (Last City Guard).
The man told him that he could use the grounds but that formal training was impossible until the comming of age ceremony. with further discution Propheus leurned of the seven Basic Class and asked which had the more action.
That when he decided to become a soldier.
After spending the rest of the day helping people he crossed, Propheus had gathered some money, food, and clothings along with a considerable amount of knowledge about the city and its inhabitant.
Through he had noticed he was incapable of reading.

Not knowing what to do he was about to return to the Orphanage when a message apeared in front of him.

[the Coming Of Age Ceremony is about to start.
All Children that has decided on their Basic Class shall present itself to the centran place to meet the Lord.
Spectators are allowed.]

Thanks to a young girl who had lost her doll, he knew where the central place was and had no trouble reaching it.
When the Lord arrived and the ceremony started there was about six hundred young boy and girls waiting.
Most of them were players.
Surrounding them were other players and civilians that would be watching the ceremony.
The Lord was a tall broad shoulderer man wearing a scale dark blue armor and an anckle long cape of the same color. He had chesnut shoulderlong hair and a waxed moustash. As he rose his hand everyone went silent.

"People of the Last City, tonight we gather for the Comming of Age ceremony. All young men and women standing in front of you have choosen their Basic Class and will anounce their decition then choose their master before you. May the Event start."

From the crowd an old man with a long grey beard started calling names while reading from a perchmint. Each time a boy or girl came foward said their Class and walked to a trainer.

As he waited for his name to be called Propheus observed the Trainers for the Soldier Class.
One was an over muscled man that resembled a body builder, another was a slender women, the next a man standing mightly in expensive looking clothes and the last was a middle aged man with large sjoulders, well defined musceles standing firmly on his feet.
While all the other trainers had already received dozens of deciples this one only had a few people choose him and each time they looked dejected and went to another trainer.

"Propheus"

When his name was called he stepped foward and said loud and clear " i choose to become a soldier." Then walked to the fourth trainer.

"Sir, may i train under your guidance?"
"...Why?"
"I wish to learn of my limits and overcome them."
"...You may"
"Thank you sir."

Like the other players Propheus stayer behind his newly appointed master and waited for the ceremony to finish.
As he did an old women whom presented herself as the Orphanage HeadMaster's wife presented him with a skin sachel and a pouch filled with 30 Silver coins (= 3000 Brass coins) sayaing that it was his savings from his work at the Orphanage.
The sachel was old anf had no fashion sense but he stored the pouch and the few other things he pocessed in it anyway. It was much better than having them half hung from his belt.

As the ceremony finished the people started holding a party. Somehow Propheus had ended up being the only protege of the tall man.

"Boy, have fun tonight but be ready for tomorows training."
"Yes sir"

His trainer left and after returning to the training ground and securing a bed and a coffer for his stuff Propheus used the voice comand and unlogged.
••••
-STATUS-
•General
Name: Propheus
Age: 15
Sex: Make

•Class -None
Specialisation/rank/job: None
Civilisation: None
Nationality: Last City -Villager

•Armor
Clothing: old dirty tunic and trousers, string belt
Light armor:
Intermediary Armor:
Heavy Armor:

•Weapons
Right Hand:
Right Hand secondary:
Left Hand:
Left Hand secondary:

•Inventory
Sachel: 30Silver, 27Brass, dirty old tunic (2), dirty old trousers (3), string belt (4), stone (24), unidentified herb (18), branch (6), twig (27)