Rapture

Albert Einstein once said, "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." As the world moves ahead to yet another new age, I think about that quote now more than ever. With this new year comes new challenges and new limits, and while my last desperate scheme for redemption has paid off far more than I've ever dreamed, I still fear that our already pushed limits might not be enough. So I guess you could say that I, Chelsea Danvers, am trying not to repeat fate in my self-made world gone mad.

It may have been only a short time since the Vacuum, but from it, we've become more organized than ever. A year of research finally fell through as we've now had our official helix database for all future threats to come, and we've come up with a definitive schedule for ourselves so that we can be more organized than ever on who can show up when. Unfortunately, with Phil still recovering from his injuries, that means that I once again had to take the reigns of leadership, which means that I had to double down on the thing I've always done best: experiment. If you can't change your situation, I can give you the best tips to deal with it. Besides the three lessons, everyone got training that would best be helpful to them.

Derek and David were given a series of digital tracks at different times, all designed to increase control, situational awareness, stamina, and motivation for faster scores, plus the added message to the public eye that no matter what, their Champions were with them. Kate and Sofia's new developments have also been promising, to the point where the only thing I could recommend was added close combat and reaction speed training from Phil. Though Sofia has stated that this is more just his excuse to heal a justifiable "fragile ego." Maria and Ivan both essentially were given the closest to basic exercise. If Maria's powers get tied to her vitality, I thought the inverse would be true. And Luckily, I was right, though; safer methods are still in the works. Ever since his battle against Gyro, Ivan has been trying to workshop more powerful attacks while still keeping himself mobile; I can tell out of everyone he is making the most improvement, though, I think this is due to his sheer tenacity more than me though.

Even with all that, though, I still felt crippling uneasiness, almost like a sixth sense that something about to get all the madder. But for now, it was nothing more than an average day at work serving my 8-foot tall roommate three servings of month-old pop tarts as I decided to get my scheduled social interaction. It may have been a couple of months since I had given him a haven into our bunker away from his home, but I guess, like all of my teammates, it must be hard trying to work with someone you could blame for all the world's problems. I think what's even worse is that despite the guilt, I was thankful that we at least could be alone together.

"Phil once told me over the phone he can make a killer omelet; I'm sure if you pressured him, he wouldn't mind-"

"Trust me, Chelsea, you could feed me a freeze-dried hash brown, and I wouldn't care. A near year in the sewers can do that to you. Honestly, it's your diet that I'm worried about."

"I'm surviving quite fine on my Scarlett Dull and days on the computer; besides, I get my exercise."

"Then maybe you do have powers because I didn't hear anything except the dilly-dallying of digits."

"Great alliteration, but I can assure you-"

Our lovely back and forth was fatefully interrupted by the familiar sound of my police scanner going off. In an instant, I made my way over to my only connection to the world as David started to get out of his XXXXL pajamas. And once I got the info I needed, I made the call. Minutes later, I saw David off as both Wildfire and Phazer made their way to one of the most disastrous days of my life.