Chapter 25

Y/N sits at the watchtower for a while until its the next person's shift. He climbs down the tower and starts walking home. It's already late and most people are already asleep.

That..kiss. He can't stop thinking about it. It felt good in the moment, but now it feels wrong. How could he do that? He already has a girlfriend, with a kid on the way. He's gonna have to tell Leslie. It's probably gonna ruin their relationship.... but he can't keep stuff like this from her. She shouldn't be betrayed in this type of way. She doesn't deserve that.

He gets home and quietly makes his way into the room. He sees Leslie sleeping on her side facing away from him. He slowly lays down next to her. He tries to wrap his arm around her but she grabs it and aggressively pushes it away. He tries again but she pushes it away again.

Y/N: "Leslie-"

She sits up and starts shoving him and hitting him in his chest. He could see she has tears in her eyes and her cheeks are red from crying.

Leslie: "Go away!"

Y/N: "Les-"

Leslie: "No! Go away! I don't want to see you right now."

Y/N: "You saw?"

She doesn't say anything but judging by her reaction, he could tell she saw what happened.

Y/N: "I'm sorry, Leslie. Just let me explain."

Leslie: "Please...just go. I don't wanna do this right now." She says with a pleading look on her face.

Y/N: "Okay."

He stands up and walks over to the door.

Y/N: "If you need-"

Leslie: "I won't."

She lays back down and faces away from him. He sighs and walks out of the room. He's about to go sleep on the couch but then changes his mind and goes into his old room. He walks over to bed and lays in it. It's much harder and colder than the other one but he's slept in worse places.

He starts tossing and turning and is getting frustrated. He doesn't like seeing Leslie like that. He doesn't like being the reason she's sad. She's an amazing person and doesn't deserve that.

He stands up from the bed and starts pacing around. His frustration gets the better of him and he punches a hole into the wardrobe. He grabs the doors to it and yanks them off. He rams his foot through the side of it causing it to fall down.

He's not done yet. He grabs the nightstand and throws it across the room. He walks over to the closet and rips the door off of its hinges. He continues destroying the room.

He stops to catch his breath and sees a bottle on the floor. It must've fell from the drawers in the nightstand. He picks it up and inspects it.

Y/N: "Tequila."

He opens the very full bottle and smells it. The spicy, sweet, and woody smell invades his nostrils causing him to cough a little.

He lifts the bottle and pours it into his mouth. His throat burns as the liquid passes through it. He stops and coughs a bit until he takes another sip. It's not as bad as the first one but it still burns a bit. He can feel his anger subsiding and continues to drink.

The next few minutes are a blur. He feels relaxed and his eyes start to shut as the seconds pass and he eventually passes out.

Leslie lays in bed trying to sleep but can't because all she hears is the room in front of hers getting destroyed. She hears the frustration in his grunts and feels bad. She's supposed to be there for him when he feels like that. Tears stream down her face as she just waits and prays for it to end. She wants to get up and go over to him and embrace him into a hug but can't. She can't face him right now.