11

Brad McCarthy

"Conner, your mad girl is here. She isn't leaving!" One of the bouncers yelled. I gazed at both of them, and Conner's face scrunched up in confusion. His expression shifted as he recalled the person.

"Ugh! What is she doing here?" He groaned in annoyance.

"We don't know she is asking for you. She wants to meet you. Should we allow her in?" The bouncer asked, looking at Conner.

"No, tell her Conner isn't here," Conner replied, handing me the water bottle. I looked away from the wall screen, opened the bottle, and drank water while observing the crowd waiting for the fight to begin.

"Oh really? But I could see the drug master." We heard the feminine voice. My gaze shifted back to Conner and the lady who entered the room with the bouncer stepping away. Conner groaned loudly and wiped his face, seeing the lady.

"Don't call me that. Who allowed you inside?" Conner growled at her.

"Tell me what should I call you then?" she asked him, ignoring the question he asked. As I gazed at them with a blank expression, I realized I had never met the woman before and was unaware of Conner's association with her. He had never brought a female companion to the gym or any other place; he always appeared to be alone.

"Don't call me anything and, for fuck's sake, leave the place," Conner said, pointing his finger at the lady.

"Nope! I'm not going to go away. I'm here to watch our Brad fighting," She said, turning her attention to me with her cheeky smile. I didn't say anything, just watched her boringly when she waved her hand at me. She made a face when I didn't reply to her, she dropped her hand and looked at Logan and the others.

"Our?!" Conner raised his brow.

"Yes! We are a team, Conner and Brad is our man." She cheered happily.

"Not really. You aren't our team. Girls aren't allowed in my gym," Conner commented and she rolled her eyes.

"Whatever..." She said, crossing her arms before her.

"What does that mean? You are leaving now!" Conner said rather loudly. She gave him a challenging look, keeping her hands on her waist.

"Make me." She challenged. Conner growled before taking a step forward.

"Guys...Guys.. knock it off. We are fighting in the ring, not here and mainly it's not between you two," Logan said, pulling Conner away.

"And you young lady, what are you doing here?" he asked the girl whose name I don't know. I heard Logan say that she visits the matches regularly and kind of troubles Conner every time she comes.

"Done?" I asked Conner. He glared at me before we started walking. The girl started following us.

"Where are you going? Do you want those men to see you and trouble you later? Stand here along with Mack," Conner said, turning his head and looking at the lady.

"Mack isn't here, he went somewhere," Tom replied.

"Fine, I will stand with her, Logan will be there and Brad, think with a cool mind. Don't be aggressive. It isn't like the underground fight anymore, keep your senses on alert. Calculate every move the opponent makes," Conner said, standing closer. I nodded my head. Conner is tense and anxious about the match. I walked to the tunnel where I would be walking out to the ring.

As I entered the ring, the crowd erupted in cheers. I couldn't help but glance over at Ava. Her eyes met mine, and I could see the worry and fear in them. It was a new feeling for me, as I had never seen anyone look at me that way when I was in the ring. I gave her a small nod of reassurance before turning my attention back to the match.