Chapter 1 : Friends?

The classroom was quiet on that Tuesday morning.

The only things that could be heard were the teacher's voice, the fan, and the annoying tapping of someone's pen against the desk.

The tapping got on Taiji's nerves, she bit her tongue to calm herself down and turned her head towards the source of the noise.

Kuroo Tetsurou

The annoying rooster-head looked up from his desk and gave her a grin, his hazel eyes capturing Taiji. She rolled her eyes and turned away from him, deciding that she wouldn't like to get involved with that bedhead

They've been in the same class since they were first years, and even though they've been classmates for so long, Taiji never befriended him.

He likes to annoy her for no reason, constantly taking her stuff without asking, throwing notes at Taiji in the middle of class, and giving her snarky remarks, Often known as a king of provocation by the students in their class.

Most of the girls in our school would swoon at his feet, he really is cute, but he's not Taiji's type.

A piece of paper knocked at Taiji's fingers, obviously thrown by the one and only. She shot a frustrated look at Kuroo, he motioned her to open the note.

"Like what you see?"

Grossed out, Taiji quickly wrote a "no" on the paper and threw it back to him before turning back to face the teacher, only to find her raising her eyebrow at the both of them

"Kuroo-kun, Taeko-chan, please stand outside the classroom," the teacher stated, "I've told you to not pass notes in class."

Defeated, Kuroo and Taiji stood from their seats and headed out the door. The stupid rooster head seemed happy about the situation.

"Sooo Taeko-san, why were you staring at me in class ?" Kuroo inquired, "Have you finally come around to being my friend?"

She scoffed at his dumb question, how conceited was this boy?

"In your dreams, Kuroo-san," Taiji stated, looking away from him, "And I wasn't staring."

Kuroo smiled at her statement as if he had something to say, but he quickly turned away from Taiji and stared out the window across from them.

"You play volleyball right?" Kuroo asked.

Surprised, Taiji looked up to him with wide eyes, she never spoke to him about it despite being the captain of the team.

"I do," She smiled, "What about you?"

He turned his head towards Taiji and smiled, "I play too, I'm the captain for the boy's team."

The female captain stared at him with even wider eyes, this rooster head was the captain?!

"Don't look so surprised Taeko-san," Kuroo teased, "why do you think I'm so popular with the ladies?"

" I just never thought that someone with a case of terrible bedhead would be a captain," She retorted.

Kuroo immediately became self-conscious about it and tried to comb his hair, but inevitably failed. Taiji chuckled at his actions as he continued to run his fingers through his hair.

" What about you though?" Kuroo asked, "Who's the captain of your team?"

She gave him a sly grin and pointed at herself, "you're looking right at her."

Kuroo smiled, "I'm not surprised ."

The two spent the rest of the period talking about volleyball, the new first years, and the upcoming tournaments.