23

Brad McCarthy

"Stop..."

"Stop, before I take your camera," I warn, while Ava gives me a challenging smile before pointing her camera at my face.

"Nope, not until I take a good picture." The click sound goes and I'm not comfortable with the camera being focused on me. No one ever took pictures of me and it's kind of weird having Ava click pictures saying I'm too hot and beautiful to ignore.

"You already took like ten." I groaned, trying to take Ava's camera.

"They aren't enough." I rolled my eyes as she settled in my lap with her legs swinging. "You do know right, I'm not comfortable with the camera being shoved in my face."

Ava leans away from the camera to look at me. "You are not uncomfortable, I know you too well, Mr McCarthy. You are not habituated to camera attention." I shook my head and looked at the television that we had recently installed. I have subscribed to Disney Hotstar as Ava is a fan of GOT. I even subscribed to Netflix and Amazon prime along with Hulu.

"Smile."

"Brad smile, only one." She tried to make me look at the camera but I didn't. She made me look at her by squeezing my cheeks. She kissed me on the lips and then snapped a picture. My eyes slightly widened in surprise and her smile widened seeing the surprise in my eyes.

"You are turning bold," I remarked and she gave me her happy smile.

"I know, and you like it." I chuckled before smiling at her as she wanted to click good pictures. The whole wall behind us is filled with pictures of us and with our close ones. Ava loves to hang pictures as it gives a personal touch to the apartment. I did like it having our happy smiles and the people close to us hanging on the wall as pictures.

Ava and I moved into my old apartment. When I travel, Ava stays with her parents. Vincent and Valerie shifted to the city but they visit us every weekend if Vincent doesn't have any recordings. I kiss her hand as she goes through the pictures. It will take another six months for the martial house. There's some work going on and by the end of six months, we would be able to shift there.

"Did you go through the list?" I asked, tracing my finger on her thigh.

"Yeah, Ezarah helped me with the list. We will be meeting them soon. Mrs Knights is willing to help us." She said, keeping her camera away.

"And?"

"She promised to take care of the kids you choose for a period of time. They will be living in the Knight's shelter home." I nodded my head as I traced my finger on her skin.

"I'm thinking about buying land and opening a new marital house in a different city." Conner put the thought in my head the last time I met him.

"That's a good idea, Brad. I even thought about it." She leaned on my chest as I wrapped my arms around her body. I kissed her head and started caressing her hair as I thought about it.

"I will decide once this is done." She hums. "I don't want to rush and it would be good if I finished this task."

"I'm going to help with saving money." She muttered against my chest.

"You don't have to."

"Nope! We are going to buy our home together and I will be paying half the amount." I kept my gaze on her, deep inside she hit a spot that gave me a warm feeling. She is sure about our relationship and I'm happy that she is making plans which include me.

She looked around as she placed her hands on my chest. I love it when she gets touchy with me and doesn't like the idea of sitting away from me when we are in our own space. If I'm being honest, I never want to step out of the apartment on our weekends. We hardly get enough time to spend together.