56. Two Cups Of Coffee

Scarlet

Today, I woke up with a nauseous feeling in my stomach that caused me to rush to the bathroom. I felt like I have eaten something really bad last night although the last thing I ate yesterday was an avocado salad. When Nate found out that I had been vomiting in the bathroom, he made me Ginger tea that instantly made my feel better.

Soon, Liam came to pick me up for the bakery and when I entered the car, I gasped in surprise on finding Helena in the back seat.

"We have to drop her to the office first." He told me. Sliding in the passenger seat, I passed a teasing glance to both of them and Liam blushed under my gaze. Things were getting serious between them and they had started to spend the night at each other's places.

"So when is the wedding guys?" I teased them and Liam pinched me on hearing this, making me wince.

Helena chuckled from behind and leaned forwards through the space between our seats to wrap her arms around Liam's neck. "He is so adorable. I can marry him tomorrow." She said and kissed his cheeks.

"Adorable? That's the last adjective I want you to use for me." Liam giggled and angled his neck to kiss her.

"Okay, enough PDA for today. Focus on the road," I said.

"Okay, okay," Helena raised her hands defensively and leaned back in her seat. Liam first dropped her to her office and then we made our way to the bakery where a certain someone was waiting for us already.

"You're late than usual." Evan said when he noticed us and walked out of his car. Confusion filled me on finding him standing there and then I found Cara peeking through the passenger seat, trying to find her way out of the belt. "I came to drop Cara. She wanted to meet you."

"Oh." I said and smiled at Cara. She finally succeeded to unbuckle the belt and then made her way out of the car. Although she was still limping, her condition looked a lot better today.

"Wow, who made your hair today?" I asked, kneeling in front of her and noticing her hair that was styled into a braid.

"Daddy," she pointed towards Evan. I turned my head to Evan and found him smiling proudly at his effort.

"You look like a princess." I said and pinched her cheeks.

Liam took her inside by picking her up and I turned towards Evan. His dark sunglasses were hiding his beautiful eyes from me but the rest of him looked equally gorgeous. The dark blue suit hugged him perfectly and his sharp cologne filled the air around me.

"Look like you're taking quite good care of her." I commented.

"Well, I learnt from the best." He said and took off his sunglasses, flashing his piercing set of blue eyes to me.

"Have a nice day," I said, ignoring his remark and then made my way back into the bakery.

Inside, Liam had seated Cara on the counter and was now talking to her. I trudged towards them and stopped in front of Cara. "Have you had your breakfast?"

"Yes, I had cereal. But I am still hungry." She pouted.

Tucking a loose string of hair behind her ear, I asked, "What would you like to eat now?"

"Egg salad sandwich." She said, licking her lips.

"Aww, Cara wants sandwich? Eating healthy, are we?" I teased her and she grinned. "One egg salad sandwich, coming right up."

Leaving her with Liam, I made my way to the kitchen and made sandwich for her. I added some shredded boiled chicken and avocado in the egg salad to enhance the taste. By the time I went back into the dining hall, Cara was already sitting in a corner booth, reading a kids book that she brought with her. I placed the plate in front of her and she stared at it in excitement.