7

Jacob almost forgets himself for a second. He almost forgets he's a werewolf who lives in Forks and has a pack. He almost forgets that this, whatever this is happening, will end. He almost gets tied up and tangled in it. Though, Edward's hands slipping up his shirt, skimming his sides, resting on his stomach lightly, reminds him. It's like a bucket of cold water on his heated skin. He's pushing Edward away before he can even think it over. This entire night almost seems like a dream that he's just woken up from. He expects Edward to disappear and him to be left scrambling for the lamp, only to flick it on and see no one sitting there. That's not what happens, though. Instead, he's left with a concerned looking Edward staring down at him as he struggles to get out of the cage Edward has created with his arms, his hands gripping the headboard. 

He'd be the first to admit that he's never even liked Edward, only tolerated him because Bella couldn't keep her eyes off of him. She trailed behind him and Jacob trailed behind her as if they'd just fall out of love and he'd be waiting for her. Bella.

He's almost falling off of the bed in his haste to get away. Find some pants. He doesn't know this room. He's been here for almost three weeks and he doesn't know where Edward keeps anything, so, he lurches forward towards a vanity with a couple of drawers that seem like maybe they'd house his clothes, only to be tripped up as he felt something shift in his gut. He falls hard to his knees and feels his skin become flushed and his mouth start to water.

If he ever needed motivation to forget that this night ever happened, losing his dinner on Edward's floor while being half naked would definitely do it. He can feel hands on his back, but he doesn't even want to look up as he tries to take some control of his life for once. He goes to stand, maybe fumble his way into the bathroom where he could lock the door, die from an immense amount of shame, and rinse the bile out of his mouth. Instead, he gets one knee up and almost falls face first into his own vomit.

He hears a sharp "shit" and two hands grab him hard by the forearms. He's being hauled back onto the bed. He can feel the duvet being stripped away as something else is tossed across his lower half, but his eyes are clamped shut because the room is spinning.

"What happened?" He can hear Bella's voice, but it's being overpowered by the sound of running water.

"Morning sickness," was Edward's quick response as he rushed around the room frantically. Jacob can hear him opening and shutting drawers, "need something to get it up."

He can hear Bella's footsteps retreating. It only feels like seconds before she's returning with something with such a strong chemical lemon scent that it makes Jacob's stomach flip for a second time. This time, he manages to push himself up and climb across the bed to make his way to the bathroom, startling Edward in the process as he stops his rushing to watch Jacob fall to his knees in front of the toilet. 

There is a moment of silence before he can hear Bella speak again. 

"Why is he naked?" 

"Got it on his pants." Edward quickly explains away. He can hear footsteps retreating again and then another bottle is being opened and it smells like lavender. There is a pause. Probably to gauge Jacob's response, but he's too busy in his own head to even think about it for more than a second.  

Edward is back in the bathroom after about three minutes and Jacob has managed to strip himself of his shirt and slide down into the almost-too-hot water. He's hoping that if he keeps his head down, Edward will be able to read the room and not talk to him while he washes away about two hours of embarrassment. 

Edward doesn't say anything for about five minutes, opting to stare down at the floor before he finally glances over at Jacob. 

"You feelin' any better?" It's said all soft like Bella's just outside of the door, but Jacob heard her leave with what sounded like the sloshing of a bucket of water, about three minutes ago. So, this soft voice and the hesitant hand through Jacob's hair, moving it out his eyes, that was just for Jacob. His stomach is settling, sure, but he's not sure if he feels any better than he had when this all started. It felt like things were moving really fast and yet way too slow. Why hadn't they fixed this yet?