C.5

her legs felt weak all of the sudden. her right hand clutched her chest as it was beginning to throb. her breaths getting uncontrable.

"yoonhwa? are you okay?" mark asked her. she slapped his hand and took a step away.

"d-do not touch me" she said between her breaths. she had a pained expression on her face.

"i need to go home. my brother might be-" her eyes widened when she saw a very familiar figure on the staircase.

sound of glass shattering into pieces then filled the place.

"jaehyun" yuta mumbled. she couldn't believe what she was seeing.

"yoonhwa-" he ran to her side pushing haechan away for the younger guy only to frown and silently cursed.

"jaehyun?.. as in nct's jaehyun?" she took a step away from her brother. he wanted to hold her but she slapped his hand away. the pain on her chest throbbing again and it felt like it was burning her inside.

"you're in a gang?" he lowered his hand and stared her- guilt written all over his face. her vision began to get blurry not long after that her legs gave up on her. "why..?"

"yoonhwa!"

haechan was the first one to catch her from falling. he glared jaehyun and the others before lifting her up in bridal style. "where are you bringing her?"

"haerin's room" he answered simply not glancing back at them. haechan bit his lower lip as the earlier wound from his leg started to hurt him.

placing her slowly on the bed he examined her peaceful sleeping state. she looked too fragile in his eyes- though he don't know what kind of problem she had with gangs.

he untie the handkerchief that was around his leg. it was bloodied with his blood. "isn't that yoonhwa's- how come my sister's belongings is with you?" jaehyun glared haechan the moment he entered the room.

haechan didn't say anything. and then yuta and doyoung came inside. "i think it's best if she stays here" yuta said as he leaned against the wall beside the door.

"and why is that?" jaehyun didn't even liked the idea.

"they might have seen her face, her life could be in danger!" yuta muttered glancing towards her.

"no! i am not involving my sister into this shit hole!"

"if she's out there anything could happen to her! you do know a lot of people tried to kill all of us and you know how hateful haechan is!" doyoung rubbed his temples as he pointed to where haechan is standing.

"why does my name being brought up here?"

she furrowed her eyebrows. jaehyun saw her stirring in her sleep. "yoonhwa" she turned her back at him not wanting to see his face.

"come on, haechan. they need some space"

the sound of door being closed made her felt a little bit uneasy as she was left alone there with her brother. "look yoonhwa.. i'm sorry- i just"

"just what yoo- jaehyun?.. i don't even know what to call you anymore! why..you never told me you're in a gang before" she sat up glaring him straight in the eye.

"because you always hated mafias and gang stuffs" he mumbled not wanting to meet her gaze.

"if you told me earlier i might've changed my opinion on it!"

"nothing will change even if i told you- you could've hated me and i don't want you to hate me!" jaehyun suddenly snapped back. "i'm sorry.." he muttered realising what he had done.

"me? hating you? i couldn't even bring myself to hate you. you're my brother" he wrapped his arms around her small body. she bit her lower lip mentally slapping herself trying to hold the tears that were threatening to fall.

"i want to go home" she mumbled. "i know. we'll go home soon" he held her hand looking her in the eye. "i'm sorry, yoon. i'm not brave enough to tell you- even the thought of you hating me are making me sad"

yoonhwa looked away. "i still can't.. believe it though" a sighed escaped her lips. "but if anything happens you have to tell me, okay?"  she extended her arm to him while moving her pinky finger.

"come on! pinky promise!" she pouted. he chuckled and did the pinky promise.

▽▽▽

yoonhwa stepped down the stairs carefully and she saw a big picture on the wall. there were 23 people in it- her brother was there too. they looked happy. then her eyes moved to haechan.

he looked different there. he's smiling. then some other people that she didn't recognised. her eyes then got attracted with a girl- her violet orbs.

"do not touch anything that's not yours in this place" her shoulders flinched and she turned around to where the voice were.

she didn't even realise she took a wrong step- she was falling backwards. a hand grabbed hers pulling her so she could stand properly.

"haechan?"

"you're such a pain. you know that?" he muttered deeply his voice filled with void. the cold aura around him are making her to shiver.

"i- i want to go home!" she stated and bit her lower lip when his dark eyes glared her. she felt small in his gaze.

"i don't even want you to be here"