CHAPTER 10

Alveera's POV:

"How...do you know?", I asked him as my mouth fell open in shock.

"You lied to me Alveera, didn't you?", he yelled. I didn't say anything.

"Why didn't you tell me this yesterday?" I didn't have any answer, I just closed my eyes as the images of the past flashed through my mind.

Xanir's expression softened, he cupped my cheeks and said, "Did he hurt you? Is he the reason why you don't believe in love?" My eyes were teary, "Alveera d-" 

Before he could finish I hugged him tightly burying my face in his chest. His body got tensed due to my sudden action but only a second later he wrapped his arms around me and rested his chin on my head. And I cried my heart out, we stood like that for a minute or so, he just let me cry. But suddenly I realized that his t-shirt got wet due to my tears and I immediately pulled away.

"Sorry", I mumbled, he said nothing in response and placed my head back into his chest.

I found myself sitting at the edge of the bed with Xanir beside me, with a hopeful look in his eyes that I might tell him about Ryan. I never thought that I would be telling that to anyone except Sarif but now I felt guilty of lying to him and I definitely owed him an explanation.

"If you don't wanna talk about it then it's okay."

"No, you have to listen to me now." I don't know why but I trusted him.

"I was a teenager around 15 years of age when I was told by my parents that I was a disgrace to the family and a burden to them", I looked up to him and he nodded assuring me that he was listening and gestured me to continue, " I was told that I was useless, no one really cared for me. I was broken with only one wish in my heart that I wanted someone to love and cherish me, to tell me that I was not worthless." A tear rolled down my cheeks. "In class 12th, Ryan came, in the beginning, I only knew his name nothing else but during the class I always found him looking at me, I just ignored it. Gradually we started talking and suddenly one day he said I love you to me and I was shocked. Though I didn't have any feelings for him, I was happy that I found someone who would love me, I was stupid. As time passed I started falling for him. I felt that he was fixing me up, but instead, he broke me again into much smaller pieces. He cheated on me, all those promises he made to me were a lie. Somehow I moved on and the day before yesterday...

Flashback:

I was in the mall, buying clothes when a voice behind me called my name, "Alveera?"

I turned around to face him, I couldn't recognize him at first but I was very familiar with his brown eyes which once had so many feelings for me.

"Hi! What are you doing here?", he said.

"I...am on a vacation. And you?"

"After completing my engineering I got placed here", he said as he looked at me from head to toe.

"Oh, nice", I forced a smile.

"If you are free can we have coffee together? If you don't mind."

That's my weakness, I just don't know how to say 'no' and me being me said yes.

We sat down and ordered our drinks.

"Actually...I wanted to say...sorry. I am really sorry Alveera, I have been feeling guilty for the past 6 years, I wanted to contact you but I couldn't", he looked at me hopefully.

If God forgives people then who I am. I forgave him and he was really delighted and that's when you messaged me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't realise that I was crying the whole time, Xanir didn't say anything for a while.

"When will you believe in love Alveera? When someone will go down on his knees, is that when you will believe it?", there was a hint of anger in his voice.

"I don't know."

"Do you believe in soulmates?" And I just shrugged in response.

"You know what, I have heard people say that God made a soulmate for everyone, we just have to wait to meet them and your soulmate won't leave you in any situation, no matter what."

He lifted my chin with his finger and said, "And you know what, I know your husband will be the best in the world, he will love you the most."

"How can you be so sure?", I said wiping my tears and smiling.

"I just have a feeling." And we both chuckled.

He cupped my cheeks and kissed my forehead and said,"And for God's sake Alveera, you are not useless. You are useful for your boss and for me, I don't know what I would have done if you would have not been there. You dare not say this thing again." He then wished me goodnight and got up to leave but he suddenly stopped at the door. I watched him taking a deep breath as he slowly turned around and said, "I'm sorry."

I couldn't help but smile and I said, "I already forgave you." And smiling he walked out of the room.

I think I like you Xanir.