10. Dosthi

~◍☆-✿-☆◍~

The succeeding days brought a relief to both Ragini and Laksh. They felt as if some burden was taken away from them. Though Ragini continued to give cold shoulder to Laksh, she was feeling better around him. The feeling of suffocation is not there now. They both realized how much important it was for them to talk. She continued to be in the light anarkali suits which she started to wear after marriage though she always dreamt of getting adorned in lehengas and sarees. She can't give that much importance to this relation now. It may make her weak. She had to cover a period of 6 months. So she just continued to acknowledge the relation with just sindoor and her mangalsutra.

•~•×✿ו~•

~Baadi~

"How are you, Laado?" Dadi showered her love on Ragini.

Ragini smiled back to her Dadi. She missed this so much. Everything in her house gave her a feeling she can never describe in words. Her Dadi, Dadaji, Maa, Papa, Sister; the bliss of being with them can't be found anywhere else. Sharmishta has made Ragini's favorite dishes today. The last bite from her hand made Ragini reach the peak of satisfaction. It's true that mother's food contains their love. Shekhar was out of town with Dadaji today. She missed them. Now, her room must be waiting!

"Laksh dropped you?" Swara asked in between while Ragini was ranting about how she was missing her room.

"No. Sanskar did."

"Still upset with him?"

"No. But I don't feel like giving in so easily." Ragini replied with a smile.

"That's in fact, good." Swara chuckled.

Ragini was about to rise from the bed when Swara caught her hands. Her eyes seemed to betray any moment being watery.

"What happened Swara? You're upset on me not forgiving Laksh?" Ragini enquired cupping her face worriedly.

"Come, sit here." Swara pulled Ragini to make her sit besides taking Ragini's palms into hers.

"You know Ragini. I wanted to say this long before. But I felt Laksh should apologize to you first. Now, when he had done that I want to talk to you."

"You don't need to say anything. You're my.."

"Today I will say and you will hear. Understood?" Swara said making Ragini stop speaking further. "I took everything in an easy manner when the things were so serious. When we sum up everything and analyze, I'm also the reason for your tears, no?" Tears were gushing down her eyes.

"You're reason for nothing." Ragini tried to defend Swara but she intervened.

"I said you won't talk in between." Swara whined. "I ignited hope in you even after the engagement was broken. Even the second time, I became the reason for calling off engagement because Laksh fell in love with me. I should have been in my limits while interacting with Laksh, no?"

"What limits are you talking...."

"You won't talk." Swara placed Ragini's index finger of her left hand on her lips and took the right hand in between her own palms. "Then I have hurt you by reciprocating his love." Swara fixed the finger on Ragini's lips when she was about to talk in between again and nodded her head in sideways.

"You had let your love be mine for my happiness. But, fate again made me the reason of your sorrow by making me disappear on the day of marriage. What all emotional turmoil you would have gone through, Ragu? Because of me, you had felt suffocated in that house. You had to suffer everything yourself; you had to do what all things because of me! Don't you hate me, Ragini? Why do you love me even now?" Swara burst out crying keeping her forehead on their hands. "You....endured so much ...because of me.. Why don't you.. HATE ME?" Swara asked in between her sobs.