Chapter Ninety Three

Heaven, Hell and The Mikealsons

With her head in her hands, Ava fell on to the nearest wall and waited for her breathing to settle

With her head in her hands, Ava fell on to the nearest wall and waited for her breathing to settle. There was something surging through her blood, power or sickness she wasn't yet sure. But it tainted every bone, slowed every movement, killed off every restraint in her body until she was left craving what she hated. An instinct she hoped would die.

"Ava darling." Nik tentatively stepped toward her, scared to startle her into anger. The girl wept into her hair, not caring how each strand would matte and stick together.

She could pretend she was okay with her transition. That she could choose life within death, a privilege her brother didn't have. But then how selfish would that make her? Cheating nature when everyone else succumbed to it because of her.
Her hands were taken away from her cheeks, a soft touch caressing her palms.

"Somethings changed Nik, I cant control it. I'm a monster." Each word came out in a strangled cry, tears flooding every syllable until they were barely audible.

"I'm a monster." Red veins crinkled into her skin as she wept the last words, eyes vacant with pain and horror.

"No." Nik declared, hands engulfing her cheeks and tilting her head so she was forced to meet his gaze.

"Never say that. Don't even think it, okay? You could never be a monster." The desperation seeped into his voice as he tried to find any sort of confirmation in her gaze. Begging to see a future where she would be able to cope with her new way of living.

Upon another wave of tears, Klaus brought her head to rest on his chest. He cradled Ava as if she were a China doll, hushing her tears as he waited for the pain to pass. Something had changed. He couldn't deny that. But Hell would freeze and Heaven would burn before anything could happen to avangaline.

*****

The family sat around a table, eyes trained upon the map that Freya was soon to enchant. It made Ava feel nauseous, staring down toward all and any of Niks potential foes. Those that wanted to bring harm to him when he was most vulnerable. And those who would bring harm to her.

"Mixing the ashes of these letters with your blood Nik, will show us where your enemies are." Kols words dragged Ava out of her stupor, the certainty in his voice disconcerting. All she hoped was a day where they didn't have enemies craving for their downfall.

She watched as Nik stepped away from her side, hand dripping with blood as he let Freya direct him. The chants filled the air with a tension that felt palpable, fake heart beats bursting through Avas ear drums with each incantation being yelled louder.

As the small pool of blood trailed across the map everyone seemed to step closer, curiosity biting at their skin. With each new enemy another spot of blood froze, a strict clarity on how many new villains they would have to face.

Ava wanted to pass out.

Her attention was snapped out of the panicked trance as a phone rang out into the silence. Ava winced as Niks eyes glanced up toward her, fingers clasped around his phone as if unsure whether to show her.

"What is it?" She hummed, delicately taking the small object before he could protest.

'Problem, Rousseaus.'

Camis name blared across the screen so loud it felt like Ava had been staked.
Why hadn't she called me? She thought as her phone stayed blank from notifications. Hands enclosed around her own, Niks eyes searching hers as if to find an answer in her silence.

"Go. I'll call you if anything happens here." Her voice was quiet and yet definite, slipping the phone back into his hands with a hesitance she begged would dissipate.

The more danger that was presented to the Mikaelsons, the more Ava became reluctant to leave any of them alone. With a quick kiss to her head, Klaus vanished. Leaving nothing but the worry that infested within the pit of Avas stomach.

•••

485k! X

Thank you for your kindness.
I won't lie, I stopped writing because I thought people had fallen out of love with it and I couldn't bring myself to continue. It's sweet to see the amount of people still interested, know that I have a future and a plan sorted for this story line I just need to find time to fulfil it.

Love you all always.
H.G x