chapter IX ༄

One love, two mouths.

| Sweater Weather - The         Neighborhood

             ♫ | Sweater Weather - The            Neighborhood

"I told you that he isn't right for youuu." Aaliyah whined, leaning backwards.

"Whatever. I don't care anymore..."

"Of course you do." Pandora rolled her eyes in a friendly way.

Julia crossed her arms. "How do you know that?"

"You're a terrible liar." the three of them laughed at Pandora's statement.

Julia sighed. "Who are you guys going with anyway?"

"I'm going with that Gryffindor boy, Septimus Weasley." Aaliyah said, playing with the blue curtains.

"And you?" Julia looked at Pandora, raising an eyebrow.

"I-I don't have a partner."

"Girl, if I'm a terrible liar then you are worse." Julia grinned.

"Ugh, fine. I'm going with Lestrange. But don't mention it to anyone!"

Aaliyah stopped playing with the curtains. She and Julia both gasped at the same time.

"Lestrange, huh. I have to admit, he is handsome." Aaliyah said.

Julia still couldn't understand. "How come?"

"He was the one to ask me. I don't think there's a particular reason for it. I suppose he just needed a partner."

"I don't think it was a coincidence, Pandora. Every girl fancies Lestrange." Aaliyah explained.

"Yeah. The two of you never talked before. There must be a reason he picked you out of all the other girls." Julia agreed.

"Just forget it. I don't want to talk about this no more."

Pandora seemed uncomfortable. After all, this wasn't something that she expected to happen to her.

~

Tom left the Room of Requirement, grabbing a book from one of it's shelves. He took a walk to the Astronomy Tower, where he admired the view. The water looked clearer as ever and the horizon laid itself far, far away, showing a picture of the red sun, going down minute by minute.
He sat down on the cold floor, and started reading the book. He didn't read the title of it, hence he wasn't interested. Reading any kind of book always made him feel easier about life, as cliche as that sounds.

He realized after some time of reading, that the sun was already gone, and the night sky approached. It was dark blue, almost black, showing off its shining stars.

~

The students were all excited for today's prom, especially the girls. Most of them have already decided on what they will wear.
  Rumors had it, that headmaster Dippet will have the school decorated for the night. The teachers also wanted to put some effort in the aesthetic of the party. And to top it off, the atmosphere that day was rather calming, which promised a huge benefit for the dance.